AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HD Guru hates to burst everyones bubble, but when he saw the press release that stated the 63" Philips Plasma model 63PFP7422D was 1080p at $3500, he suspected the information was wrong (if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true).

Checking with a high level Philips executive, its been confirmed the 1080p model retails for $5999 not $3500

The one for $3500 is 1366 x 768.

Yeah, The HD Guru has seen CNET and other websites report the $3500 1080p 63" Plasma, however, they are all wrong. The HD Guru "fact checks" before reporting.

For "accurate" CES information go to

www.hdguru.com

The HD Guru

·
Registered
351 Posts
I hate you.
LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
Really sad it looked like a absolute price stunner even if its from Philips. Anyway big thx Guru for clearing that one out.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Merson /forum/post/0

The first post in this thread.

The HD Guru

I understand what you are saying, but I looked up and down on HDGuru and found nothing on your reporting...At least this type of information would be documented and corrected immediately.

Cree

·
Banned
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Merson /forum/post/0

The HD Guru hates to burst everyones bubble, but when he saw the press release that stated the 63" Philips Plasma model 63PFP7422D was 1080p at $3500, he suspected the information was wrong (if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't true).

Checking with a high level Philips executive, its been confirmed the 1080p model retails for $5999 not $3500

The one for $3500 is 1366 x 768.

Yeah, The HD Guru has seen CNET and other websites report the $3500 1080p 63" Plasma, however, they are all wrong. The HD Guru "fact checks" before reporting.

For "accurate" CES information go to

www.hdguru.com

The HD Guru

So what's up with this?

Philips 63 FlatTV Display

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Well, the Philips website says $3,500 and HDGuru says he saw a press release that says $5,999.

Clearly, there is a conflict and we can't know which is the 'right' answer as of today.

I did think that $3,500 for a 63" 1080 was super-cheap, maybe too cheap. On the other hand, given a 5-month wait and Philips ramped up production with LG, $5,999 isn't that much of a bargain.

I think the 63" 720p model, if it retails for the $3,599, is still a good deal relative to what Pioneer and Panny charge, unless they drop their non-1080p prices a lot in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic /forum/post/0

Well, the Philips website says $3,500 and HDGuru says he saw a press release that says $5,999.

Clearly, there is a conflict and we can't know which is the 'right' answer as of today.

I did think that $3,500 for a 63" 1080 was super-cheap, maybe too cheap. On the other hand, given a 5-month wait and Philips ramped up production with LG, $5,999 isn't that much of a bargain.

I think the 63" 720p model, if it retails for the $3,599, is still a good deal relative to what Pioneer and Panny charge, unless they drop their non-1080p prices a lot in the next few months.

where exactly does the guru say this, I can not find anything of the sort.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipsPhanatic /forum/post/0

He says he saw a press release. Coulda been the paper with the typo.

when you say HE SAYS, where EXACTLY does he say it, unless you talked to him personaly.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
so if the first post in this thread is actually by the Guru, why doesn't he post it on his website, I am sure it would be BIG news for many people, including myself, when he gets his FACTS straight and actually writes about it on his website, then I will believe him, reason is he has nothing to say about Philips whatsoever on his sight, only Panny, Pio and Samsung talk, makes you wonder.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.