AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,210 Posts
Sounds like you either didn't set the clock, or you've got it plugged into a power strip with an on/off button and your turning the Philips off with that button. It needs constant power to maintain settings (called "Standby" power).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/16925338


Sounds like you either didn't set the clock, or you've got it plugged into a power strip with an on/off button and your turning the Philips off with that button. It needs constant power to maintain settings (called "Standby" power).

Thanks

I did set the clock/date , but it rest every time , I turn off the main socket which has the TV, PS3 and DVDR615.

I presume DVDR615 should save the clock/date internally as other gadgets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffan /forum/post/16925499


Thanks

I did set the clock/date , but it rest every time , I turn off the main socket which has the TV, PS3 and DVDR615.

I presume DVDR615 should save the clock/date internally as other gadgets.

Nope, plug the DVDR in a wall socket or at least a surge suppressor w/o an on/off switch or one you leave ON forever.


Also, don't connect to a wall plug controlled by a wall switch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/16925714


Nope, plug the DVDR in a wall socket or at least a surge suppressor w/o an on/off switch or one you leave ON forever.


Also, don't connect to a wall plug controlled by a wall switch!

Thanks , it's plugged into surge suppressor , yet I always switch off the wall socket.

I noticed when set the timer for a program recording , I never get the saved recoding setting program , because I suspect whenever the DVD what to start recording the clock setup screen pop up .!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noki123 /forum/post/16925883


Its strange that you have to always turn the switch on. This means the internal battery has some problem from the factory then.

Are you serious?


The "problem" is turning all power off to this unit at the wall switch... all DVDRs have some backup power but Philips here in the U.S. have only a 30-sec power backup (if Auto Clock is off)... turn off all power and 30-sec later, all clock settings and timer rec programs are lost!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo /forum/post/16925905


Are you serious?


The "problem" is turning all power off to this unit at the wall switch... all DVDRs have some backup power but Philips here in the U.S. have only a 30-sec power backup (if Auto Clock is off)... turn off all power and 30-sec later, all clock settings and timer rec programs are lost!

but when I set for program recording I don't switch the power off I just hit timer button on the remote and dvdr goes for standby with timer indicator.

next day I check and found nothing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffan /forum/post/16925935


but when I set for program recording I don't switch the power off I just hit timer button on the remote and dvdr goes for standby with timer indicator.

next day I check and found nothing

BUT while it was powered off at the wall switch (no power for Standby), it lost its clock... forget what I said about timer rec programs... your unit obviously retains those with no power???


Actually, do what you think is right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffan /forum/post/16925862


Thanks , it's plugged into surge suppressor , yet I always switch off the wall socket.

I noticed when set the timer for a program recording , I never get the saved recoding setting program , because I suspect whenever the DVD what to start recording the clock setup screen pop up .!

How do you switch off the wall socket?


Surge protector is not a battery backup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtofly /forum/post/16936698


How do you switch off the wall socket?


Surge protector is not a battery backup?

Some bedrooms have wall plugs fed from two sources; the first socket is always-on, the second socket is fed through a light switch.


Of course things like recorders, computers and clocks must be connected to an always-on power source.


It goes without saying--or does it????


Years ago one of our "executives" shut down his computer by flipping the switch on the power strip/surge protector. I just about screamed whenever I saw that. Did that guy ever wonder why his hard drive had to be scanned everytime he powered-on his computer? I just muttered to myself, "where did they find this guy?" That executive later left the government for a position in the private sector.


"You don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector--they expect results." (Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top