AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Phillips DVDR75 and DVDR80 recorders have component video inputs, I'm wondering if these units will allow HDTV (720p or 1080i) signals to "pass through" so I can continue to enjoy HDTV programming while using a single component input on my TV (i.e., digital/HD cable box with component-out connected to Phillips unit connected to TV via component-out).

I know recording will not be in HD, but will HD just pass through to my TV or get scaled down to 480p?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Only your interlaced output will be recordable, I beleive. Component outputs can put out non-progressive video- its the same as s-vid or composite jujst broken down into its' COMPONENT parts!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cable company (Comcast in Danbury, CT) outputs HD programming at 1080i...I should be able to record that since it's interlaced, right (albeit I can't record at that resolution).

I guess my main concern is that I don't want any degredation of the HD signal as it goes through the dvd recorder into my TV.

I sent an e-mail to the guys/gals at Onecall.com. They sent a note back after reading the product manual and calling Phillips and could not give me an answer.

Anyone have any input on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.