AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day I was out at a guys house with the lead installewr where I work and we were setting up his Intelicontrol to work with his new Phililps direc TV box. (not sure of the model but I know it was a basic box). First we fixed the hack job the satelite guy did then we went to set up the remote. Anyway the problem we ran into is that the Philips sat reciever is set up to not recieve the same command twice in a row. ie pressing chanel 622 will not work be cause the reciever will not accept the code for 2 twice in a row. I'm assuming ther is a a and b variant (something tells me I'm not explaing this well. ANother exaple is that there are two seperate codes for the power button, but they aren't the same 2 every time ex. power1 turns the sat on, power 2 turns it off, the owner manually turns the sat reiever on using local power button and now power1 turns reciever off. So you program the code for the power button and it works once.

So has anyone else encountered this problem and if so do you know of a fix? I'm new at this place and think it would be nice to have an answer for him.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for the replies and links they were quite useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.