AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about ready to make the purchase of a remote. I can get the TSU2000 referbished for $225(with dock station), or the TSU 3000 for $100 more(also with station).

How much of an improvement is the TSU 3000 over the 2000?

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
it has a 16 shade screen instead of 4, it has many more hard buttons and you can edit the full screen.

It also has some new SW features such as back/forward/ multiple jumps.

and they have promised some sort of conditional variables latter on

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Ultimately, the 3000 will a big improvement over the 2000 for the reasons Anthony mentioned. At the present, it's still in its infancy software-wise, which keeps it from reaching its full potential. If cost is a factor, you might also consider a refurb TS1000 and docking station, which you could get for less than $150. The TSU3000 will be your best bet down the road however.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Take a look on Ebay, I just got a TSU-2000 a couple weeks ago for $130, and I love it. The additional features of memory, larger screen, more buttons, memory states, etc. sound like they would be very useful, but you can do almost anything with a 2000

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The 3000 is (potentially) a better remote (jump back, maybe conditional variables one of these days, better screen etc) but there are still many problems with the software. If you are very competent at programming and are willing to put up with and resolve problems the 3000 may be a better bet. The advantage of the 2000 (and the 1000 also) is that they have been around for a while, the software has been through numerous revisions and there is a wealth of knowledge out there - on this forum and others, check out remotecentral.com. None of the Prontos are for the faint-hearted though, you can do amazing things with them but it is not simple!

I have had a 2000 for a couple of years and I do not know how I managed without it. For the rest of the family, who don't care what equipment we have but just want to "watch tv" or "play vcr", it is one of the best buys we ever made.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you're not averse to buying open box with a warranty, these guys have a TSU2000 for $151.95

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.