AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Dish OTA module for the 6000. Anyone have advice on antenna selection for my location? It is about 50 miles NE of Philly, and is a residential neighborhood. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go to my web site and read the articles about DTV and antennas. You should be able to pull in the following stations:

KYW-26 (CBS)

WTXF-42 (Fox)

WNJN-43 (PBS)

WPVI-64 (ABC)

WHYY-55 may be too weak for you to pick up. Try also WLVT-62 out of Allentown for PBS HDTV.

WCAU-67 (NBC) is on low power and on a temporary tower, but you may be able to pull 'em in.

Pete

www.projectorexpert.com

·
Registered
209 Posts
i am in the condos behind market fair, on the first floor, slightly below the level of canal pointe blvd. obviously this makes for sub-par reception.

Having said that, I am easily able to pick up WNJN-DT (Trenton) with any antenna at all. I am also able to pick up KYW-DT (CBS) which enough antenna tweaking. Unfortunately, right now my antenna isn't mounted, so I don't get it now. Maybe this weekend?

Anyway, I haven't been able to pull in any other station from philly, personally, but I do get some signal strength from some of them, so i have hope that with enough persistence I'll be able to get ABC as well.

Finally, to end on a happy note, I know of several people from this site in hamilton (home of anthrax) and millstone who get all the philly stations listed above (except low power NBC), so with any luck and some elevation you should be able to as well.

dinesh

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, folks. I had a good start - plugged in the module and hooked to my NY-aimed radio shack outdoor directional (which I hung onto for FM reception), and promptly pulled in FOX-NY and UPN-NY, and PBS-Trenton, but nothing in Philly. Guess this weekend I will have get up there and turn it around.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, turned the antenna around and got NJN and three other PBS stations and KYW with no trouble, but not even a hint of the other Philly stations. Tried the Radioshack bowtie with same results (except it got a better signal on NJN). Looks like I need more UHF antenna power.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Jaz-

I'm about 40 miles north of you, and I get NBC/CBS/ABC/Fox digitals out of Philly with decent signal strengths. I use a rooftop Channelmaster UHF and their Titan amplifier.

With the right equipment, you should be in business.

Good luck,

Paul

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I should be able to then! Do you have to rotate the antenna or is it fixed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.