AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 www.luminus.com

http://www.oled-display.info/what-is...t-from-luminus

I was searching AVS for this but only saw snippets in other threads.

Guys, who else is as excited about this as me?

Imagine a 1080p PJ the size of a hard cover novel, no heat, no fan, no color wheel and no bulb to EVER replace.

I am surprised I dont see threads all over AVS about this?! (Show me if there are)

I know they will start over $3k but it wont take long to go under. It seems to be a cheap technology too so all the more reason.

The PJ would be so cool, you could even place it IN a wall with nothing but a lens sticking out!!!

I know, I'm getting carried away but I enjoy fantasizing

·
Registered
23,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazguy /forum/post/14245871

Imagine a 1080p PJ the size of a hard cover novel, no heat, no fan, no color wheel and no bulb to EVER replace.

Maybe at some point, but this post with info from Optoma talks about their HT version starting out big:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman /forum/post/14238668

Hi Craig, just got some info on the PJ. Because the Ti/LED engine is large Optoma will have to build a ground up chassis. It will be larger than the H79 and HD7100 which is on the chunky side, still they need larger. Interesting stuff about the technology is they have to regulate the temperature in the PJ very precisely because lumens are affected greatly by the inside temperature. They have fans and quiet ones but the controlling of them is one of the hard things they're working on. Right now they're at 500 lumens but working to get higher. 500 is high for HT reference levels but more would be nice.

Dimmer LED projectors should be able to be much smaller, but at least for now it sounds like the bright LED projectors for home theater won't be that small.

--Darin

·
Registered
748 Posts
Even if Bright LED projectors arent that small. I would kill for a true 2000 lumens 1080p projector with a high power screen projecting 2.40:1 at 133 inches.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

Quote:

www.luminus.com

I was searching AVS for this but only saw snippets in other threads.

Guys, who else is as excited about this as me?

I am surprised I dont see threads all over AVS about this?! (Show me if there are)

I know they will start over $3k but it wont take long to go under. It seems to be a cheap technology too so all the more reason.

The PJ would be so cool, you could even place it IN a wall with nothing but a lens sticking out!!!

There have been a few decent threads on it and it does look promising. The price will be lower than you imagine. One model discussed will run $300, not $3000 due out the end of the year.

BTW - Where is Toronto, Ontatio?

·
Registered
108 Posts

Quote:

www.luminus.com

Why bother with the lense sticking out...place it flush with wall, hang a two way mirror over it...or that LCD glass that goes clear when a current is passed thru it or......Im excited too!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I'm looking forward to Mitsubishi's laser answer even more. RPTVs by this fall.

Yeah, thumping the "bulb" sounds good to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Delta Electronics might've jumped the gun a bit with its claim of firsties on Texas Instruments' new "PhlatLight" HD LED DLP projector tech. Delta hasn't brought even a prototype to IFA, but over at Texas Instruments there's a Vivitek version of the lamp-free projector tech, which TI claims will be the first to market sometime in Q4 of 2008. The specs they rattled off are undoubtedly impressive: 50% better color range, 500,000:1 contrast ratio, 30% less power draw, and of course 1080p to put a feather in the cap. In TI's darkened viewing room the image was certainly impressive, but we're guessing specs like these could carry over nicely into our less-than-ideal bedsheet setup back home."

WOW!!!! I love the sounds of this, check out the CR!!!! We are in Q4 2008 so where can I buy this baby??? hehe

I will look......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts