AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from Flagstaff and may take a trip to Phoenix this weekend to see the new 57xbr2's. Fry's ran a ad last Friday ($4999) and each store(Tempe for sure)says they have one on the floor but the only other one they got my have been sold. Have you guys/gals seen it or did you buy it?. Fry's(Tempe) said they only have a normal (SDTV) OTA feed to them.

I can get it local(hi end XBR and Diamond dealer) for $5100 out the door, delivered in my house with a five year warranty, but I would be ordering sight un-seen(they do not plan to stock one). 4-cost over the net for $4564 w/5-yr. warranty, drop shiped on the back of a truck out front. The extra $540 will be worth the in house delivered and the option to tell them to come get this piece of **** and give me the 55859 or 55909.

thanks

Robert

32xbr400

dish6000hd

sony str-de915 (w/bad digital coax in?)

sony dsp-ns700p & dvp-330

cablevision digital cable (motorola /gi 2000 series)

cable modem------------------

rciegr

[This message has been edited by RCI (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
581 Posts
With that investment it might be worth your time to come down here and check it out.

Did you call Buzz jenses or Hi-FI sales if they had your model.

Dont buy something unless you see it, What may look good to me might look crapy to you. So be your own judge.

There's also Ultimate Electronics.

Let me know if you want me to call around town for you.

Hugo

[This message has been edited by Hugomed (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also interested in this Sony. We don't have any at Circuit City or Tweeters in SC yet so would like to hear from those who have seen it. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HugoMed

Thanks, I called Jerry's audio and they said they have not received one yet. They said they did get a few 40xbr700's and expect the 57xbr2 next week. Showcase said the same thing about the 57. I would much rather see one at Jerry's or buzz jenses where they have a better feed to it. I will call buzz and hi-fi tomorrow.

So did you actually see one, and are you saying it didn't look so good for the price?

Thanks

Robert

------------------

rciegr

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw the widescreen Sony RPTVs at Ultimate Electronics. You might want to give them a call. Not sure if it is the same p/n though.

------------------

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.