sale today. I picked up Apocalypto for $15. There was a Pirates DMC, Black Hawk

Down, T2 and Deja Vue and some other used titles at the same price. I have

purchased used Blu-ray and HD DVD there several times before and only had one

problem that was a Tokio Drift inside a Fearless cover but returned it with no

problems (after I watched it of course). There are some titles as low as $12

·
Registered
748 Posts
Cool, thx for the info. Also try the FYE stores. I picked up a few different ones for around 15 bucks. Some of the movies are overpriced for used. Just gotta look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some GameStop carries used blu-ray movies as well..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I stopped in at Zia Records ..thanks for the tip. Too bad I already owned all of the Blu-ray titles they had. I was really surprised how many new titles like Pirates of the Caribbean were available used. I almost bought "The Good Shepherd" but I recently started to pare down my HD DVD collection. The used discs were priced $14.99 each.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'll have to check out some of the FYE's by my place and I think there is a Zia on Chandler Blvd and Dobson in Chandler.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gamestop doesn't have a huge selection of used BD,HDDVD but good prices ($14.99) and occasionally have a buy two used get one free offer on games and movies. If you have their 10% off card it makes that deal even sweeter!

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Zia's in Chandler always seems to have a good selection of used Blu-Ray and HD-DVD's. It's funny to me how many of them they actually have, I just wonder why people would get rid of them so quickly. I mean I was there yesterday, and they had a used copy of Apocolypto. Didn't that just come out on Tuesday?

I almost think with the Blu-Ray's that it's stupid people who own PS3's and think that Blu-Ray's will look better on SDTV's just because it's a new form of DVD technology, so they just buy a movie without knowing anything about it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 /forum/post/0

The Zia's in Chandler always seems to have a good selection of used Blu-Ray and HD-DVD's. It's funny to me how many of them they actually have, I just wonder why people would get rid of them so quickly. I mean I was there yesterday, and they had a used copy of Apocolypto. Didn't that just come out on Tuesday?

Wow, I'm going to have to go there ASAP, I'm only like 5 minutes away.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Me and the wife will be hitting up both of the Zia's on the east side of town. Also guys check out asuwebdevil.com they have a coupon for Zia for $2.00 off any used CD or DVD priced $6.99 or above.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Picked up Basic Instinct Blu-ray for $11.99 at Zia Records! Glad I didn't open the copy I picked up at Walmart...it is going back tomorrow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I went to 2 of them tonight and picked up these movies

Basic Instinct

Children of Men

Weeds S1

Catch and Release

Apocalypto

and Aqua Teen Hunger Force had to pick that up for $8.99

·
Registered
748 Posts
Another reason, I think there are so many of the new Blu Ray movies showing up, is that they are being purchased by accident. People thinking they are getting a new DVD, then Bam, it won't work. Since most places have a no return policy on open media, they have to sell them to the used shops to recoup some of the money. Bad for them, Good for us. I sold off a bunch of old music I no longer wanted, and bought about 10 used movies from FYE. All looked like they were brand new.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went back to Zia's at 23rd and T-bird and got Flags of our Fathers $14.99, Letters from Iwo Jima $14.99 and King Kong on HDDVD for $9.99( didnt really want it, but what the hey, for ten bucks)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Thank you fullhorn!!!!! What a haul...I hit every Zia Records in the Valley today! The one by ASU on University and Maple was stocked with good used titles in both Blu-ray and HD DVD. Thank you also to johnnyknoxsvill for revealing the $2.00 off coupon. I just wish I didn't own so many titles already. I now wonder if these have been stolen from retailers and traded in for cash. It just makes no sense that so many new releases are showing up used just days after release. This is my haul at various locations in the last two days:

Eragon $15.99 - $2.00 coupon = $13.99

World Trade Center $14.99

Freedom Writers $14.99

Saw III $14.99

Carch & Release $14.99

The Ant Bully $13.99 Still in original wrapper!

Basic Instinct $11.99

The Good Shepherd $14.99

Now I am thinking I should cancel all of my Amazon pre-orders.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts