AVS Forum banner

11941 - 11954 of 11954 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Figured something had happened when I couldn't pick it up any more. Just curious as to why the change? I realize that channel 15 owns channel 61, but what is the advantage of giving up the channel 27 frequency?
They are switching 27 over to ATSC 3.0 (NextGen TV). And for a mere 3.5 kilobucks you can buy a TV that will receive it. Pocket change!

·
Registered
496 Posts
61.1 moved to 15 today

The rest of KASW's subchannels moved to VHF channel 10. However, since KSAZ is already using minor channels 3 and 4 on major channel 10, they moved Grit and Court TV Mystery to minor channels 5 and 6.

To sum up:

On KNXV-TV:

• Program 1: 15.1 ABC
  • Program 2: 15.2 Antenna TV
  • Program 3: 15.3 Laff
  • Program 4: 61.1 CW
  • Program 5: 15.4 Court TV
On KSAZ-TV:

• Program 3: 10:1 Fox
  • Program 4: 10.3 Heroes & Icons
  • Program 5: 10.4 Light TV
  • Program 6: 61.2 HSN
  • Program 7: 61.5 Grit
  • Program 8: 61.6 Court TV Mystery

Reactions: rdvegas

·
Registered
433 Posts
Suddenly 15.3 Laff and 15.4 Court are back to full screen again. What was that all about? Maybe new transmitter with more power?
Either AFD settings or Sat Receiver settings. Transmitter power doesn't change that stuff.

·
Registered
433 Posts

It tells the receiver/display what shape the picture should be displayed in. My wife watches Buzzer on cable but it is on KUPT 45 OTA. Somedays the shows are 4x3 with side bars, other days the show is full screen but stretched horizontally making the logo an oval instead of a circle. Choosing the wrong AFD code will do that and, in this case, probably at the origination point not the sat receiver or Fox's air-chain.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi - I have a PBD Yagi Antenna with a PBD HDTV Preamplifier.

This antenna + amplifier setup works fine for TV receivers that are close to my media distribution box. However, for receivers that are further than about 50 feet away from the distribution box, I see significant signal loss/degradation - enough that channels won't be playable.

Is there a way that I can add additional antenna signal amplification to boost my runs that are farther away from distribution box, like with some sort of isolation circuit and then an added amplifier?

Thanks,

AzJazz

·
Registered
906 Posts
50 feet is not a very long run.
How many receivers are you feeding?
If, for instance, you have a four way splitter and the signals are very weak to start with, then an amp might be necessary.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I concur with nathill. I'd look at whether the cables are incorrectly assembled as well, or perhaps very incorrect material. A sketch with lengths would help here. Aside, are you sure the preamp is getting power?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Whew.. I haven't been around in a couple of years (2 I think..) but was able to catch up in about an hour. How's everyone been coping in this COVID day and age? Is Dave still around?

I have overtime winded down watching my regular OTA tv shows on my Tivo Roamio with a lot of them concluding and others being cancelled with no new shows catching my interest so I've been off my butt and doing stuff for a while. That is until COVID hit and now I'm starting to get back to my old habits. I sure don't miss seeing my DVR getting up there to max capacity and feeling pressure to deal with it..

Anyways, please ignore my nostalgia and help me set up a series pass to PBS' show Death In Paradise. I have tried setting up a one pass and tried recording both new episodes as well as everything from Year 1 but haven't been successful. I'm actually interested in in this Year's episodes and moving forward but even a manual attempt hasn't helped because I have no idea what day and what time 8-1 has this show on. Thanks!

And what the heck happened to the 'search within this thread' option on this newly redesigned site? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Hi - I have a PBD Yagi Antenna with a PBD HDTV Preamplifier.

This antenna + amplifier setup works fine for TV receivers that are close to my media distribution box. However, for receivers that are further than about 50 feet away from the distribution box, I see significant signal loss/degradation - enough that channels won't be playable.

Is there a way that I can add additional antenna signal amplification to boost my runs that are farther away from distribution box, like with some sort of isolation circuit and then an added amplifier?

Thanks,

AzJazz
Hello, AzJazz

Your first link takes us to your antenna. They call it a Yagi, but it is really a Log Periodic antenna. Your second link takes us to the antenna again. Is this the preamp?
Amazon.com: PBD HDTV Preamplifier, TV Antenna Amplifier Signal Booster, HD Digital VHF UHF Amplifier, with 4G LTE Filter: Home Audio & Theater

You haven't provided a signal report as required in the sticky:
NOTE: Put YOUR LOCATION in the TITLE of ALL OTA threads...

You can do a signal report here:
RabbitEars.Info

We don't have enough information to know if a distribution amp will help or not, but I see a previous thread about your reception problem:
Phoenix, AZ - HDTV

Two additional posts, but you didn't get any answers:
Phoenix, AZ - HDTV
The installation is working OK for the most part - I get almost all the channels, though I don't get PBS. I get a few channels @ 100% Signal Strength / 100% Signal Quality / 100% Symbol Quality. I also get some in the yellow zone.

It's an antenna alignment thing - if I rotate the antenna just a degree or two, I can get PBS but then lose a different channel set. Not sure if there is any solution available for that, short of moving to another house - or maybe mounting the antenna outside and higher somehow.
PBS is a VHF-High channel. You might need an antenna with more VHF-High gain. Also, your solar panels will block the signals.
Phoenix, AZ - HDTV
Now that I have been using our antenna in our attic for a few weeks now, I have noticed something odd.

For some reason, it seems like we are seeing significant signal strength degradation around 5:30 PM through about 7:30 PM every night.

Some channels that come in perfectly most of the time with 100% SigS / 100% SigQ / 100% SymQ are not tuneable with my HDHomeRun Connect Duo in this time window. My directly connected TV sets are heavily pixelated.

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

AzJazz
Could be electrical interference on Fox, PBS, and NBC. Maybe from your invertrer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Anyways, please ignore my nostalgia and help me set up a series pass to PBS' show Death In Paradise. I have tried setting up a one pass and tried recording both new episodes as well as everything from Year 1 but haven't been successful. I'm actually interested in in this Year's episodes and moving forward but even a manual attempt hasn't helped because I have no idea what day and what time 8-1 has this show on. Thanks!
If you have a Phoenix Public Library card you can use it to sign up for free access to Hoopla, a streaming service that offers seasons 1-4 of Death in Paradise.

I've followed the series and really like it but wish Ben Miller hadn't left. Who's my favorite character? Why, Harry the lizard, of course!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I get all my PBS listings from TitanTV.com Create a listing of Phoenix Broadcast channels.
Thanks! Hopefully it'll help me figure out the new episode broadcast date and times.

If you have a Phoenix Public Library card you can use it to sign up for free access to Hoopla, a streaming service that offers seasons 1-4 of Death in Paradise.

I've followed the series and really like it but wish Ben Miller hadn't left. Who's my favorite character? Why, Harry the lizard, of course!
I think I might have an account for Hoopla. I just got the firestick 4K and really hope It's included in there..

11941 - 11954 of 11954 Posts