AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV Ch. 213 states that all receivers must be connected to a phone line to receive NFL Sunday Ticket. Does anyone know if it has to be the same phone line? One of my receivers is connected to a second phone line in my home (different phone number), and it would really be inconvenient to connect that receiver to my primary phone line. I would hate to subscribe to the NFL package and then discover that this receiver cannot access it.

UPDATE: I received a response on DBS Forums that I found helpful. Apparently D* checks for phone connection periodically, and having no connection at all is OK as long as you do not have sports packages AND multiple receivers. If this is the case, you will be cut off until you provide the proper phone connection of all receivers to your registered phone #.

Sports Pack (the 20 regional sports networks) is probably excluded from this, since it is treated as a movie package rather than a sports package.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Even with multiple receivers, and a couple of DTiVo's, I rarely had the phone line hooked up. Then I noticed on the DTV website that my NFL '02 was shut off. Apparently they are checking this year. However, just for additional receivers, I don't believe it is a requirement anymore.

Technically, the phone lines are supposed to be the same, but (and I have quite a bit of experience here) they rarely check. Usually the drones only look to see if a callback has occurred, and don't look at the number.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i have two receivers hooked to seperate phone lines for the exact same reason as you and have received no cut offs of sunday ticket, as long as the box calls back, i dont think they really care.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have had DTV and the NFL Ticket for four years. I have never had my second receiver hooked up to a phone line, and I have never had an interruption of service. I am able to watch the ticket on both TVs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.