AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm setting up my 5060 right now and it wants to know how much space I should allow for the Photo Viewer feature. I have no clue. Is it worth tying up disk space for? Why can't it be changed later? Thoughts?

:confused: Nobbie:D

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you have a big screen TV and use the component video out, the digital pictures look AWESOME. This is my favorite way to view digital photos!

BTW-1GB should suffice. Maybe 2GB if you want to store an a$$load of photos.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D Cool! Thanks Method!

I went with 1GB just to check it out. By big screen, do you mean my 9" Symphonic TV/VCR? I am quite proud of it. Really impresses the chicks.

:rolleyes: Nobbie:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'd say it was worth the space. No better way to look at digital photos than in front of the TV. It is so hard to drag a group of people to the computer screen.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Don't use the Photo Transfer software with XP. Use DVArchive, QVision, or RePhoto.

All links are available at the ReplayFAQ, address below.

Also, make sure you put all photos in folders within the Photo folder. Not directly in the Photo folder, and not in subdirectories of folders in the Photo folder.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes, and keep your pictures to 640x480 or close to that.

I dumped a bunch of 1600x1200 pictures to my replay and it is so slow trying to display those huge images. It works much better with 640x480 or 800x600 pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.