AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experiece showing their difgital photography through their DVD and pj? One other side benifit I though I would have is to show the picture CD's you get back with your photo prints, and images taken with a digital camera through the pj for a big screen presentaion.

Comments? Any specifi DVD's good for this?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Tom,

I don't think there is any particular DVD designed for this use. There are quite a few DVD players that will display JPEG files these days.

I have bought a Panasonic DVD-S75 specifically for this purpose though, it appears to do the job as expected, I think the American version of this player is the DVD-S55.

You can run a slide show selecting from 1-30 seconds screen time or manually select the picture, it will show all available folders the disc might have. I have a JPEG disc I put together with around 3000 pics in four separate folders.

One thing I will say is you need to make sure your pictures are baseline JPEG's as my machine wouldn't read pictures in progressive format. If the images are solely from a digital camera or photo processed discs, this shouldn't be a problem.

If images are in progressive format you can re save them in baseline using a photo program I used Adobe Photoshop 7.

I run the DVD player through a RPJ TV & the images look good

·
Registered
243 Posts
The absolutely perfect solution is Ulead DVD Picture Show. My DVD player natively handles JPEGS, but it is nowhere as good as this application. You just select the folder that contains the image and add it to the show. The app will very quickly scale copies of your photos for your presentation too.

The end result is a menu-driven multimedia experience, clear images, no shimmering, etc. I really can't recommend it any higher!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kurt,

Did you mean by "baseline Jpeg", any of the Jpeg formats work? I am aware of Jpeg fine, a middle grade, and Jpeg basic. The camera does this compression by setting. Does you Panasonic have a input that could go right from the camera. I would use this a preview to delete the 'bad ones' and then burn to CD for later showings.

Thanks, Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.