1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
976 Posts
i noticed that it has both of the component/rgb inputs.. is that a japanese model? if so did htey change it so it looks the same as the usa one now?

·
Registered
581 Posts
at least it has the CLR-Temp mentioned in xxxxK now.

2 memory blocks for customer gamma settings.

Let's only hope the overscan has been corrected completely.

Anthony

PS what are the settings on picture 11 ? Are these memory blocks for different settings per input ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony-V
Let's only hope the overscan has been corrected completely.
Not sure of it but given this picture, http://www.pbase.com/image/8307646 it seems to have both vertical and horizontal overscan control!

The VGA input is missing, but it has DVI input instead (digital and analog? hope!)

I already like it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was under the impression that the menus language could be set to english and others. Is this not the case not with the 10000 even though now the import version come with all english remotes and labeling?

Phil

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRebel
I was under the impression that the menus language could be set to english and others. Is this not the case not with the 10000 even though now the import version come with all english remotes and labeling?

Phil
Yes, I'm with Phil; where is the menu that allows you to pick English?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Change the menu language requires the secret handshake, and that's another $4K. Please remit to PO Box 157352, Buford Station, NY, 10015.

Yes, I'm really that bored, and at work.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Last picture upper right hand corner is the langauge Icon. This looks like a service menu. Seems like sharp is setting language per market they're sending to. I don't think the Japanese will see English unless the service codes are known.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tom is correct! The second icon from the right is gengo sentaku or "language selection."

Suzukino

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So available by default, not via service menu.

Something I don't like too much is the brillant aspect of the case (guessing from pictures). The Z9000 is mat light gray and silver; the finish of the Z10000 seems more like the Z90.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I'm not sure but that last picture looks like a service menu. Yep the Z90 is shiney but has no ill effect.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The last menu looks like the "status" user menu. Same as the Sharp 9000. It basically gives you a quick overview of all the user control values.

Brad

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
How much CR are you going to loose when you set it to D65?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen conflicting reports of the ANSI lumins on the Z10000, some specs indicate a max of 1100 lumins, others show 800. Anybody know what the real specs are?

Also, if the service menu does indeed have a multiple language option, then the Japanese version would be an excellent buy, since the price of this unit is about $4300 less than the US version. I've been told that the lettering on the projector and remote are all in English.

Haven't seen any reviews yet, but overall I'm very impressed with the specs on this unit. Can't wait to see some reviews, since I'm seriously considering this projector for my home theater.

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
After posting my last message I received an email from a dealer in this gray market version of the Z10000, and unfortunately for all of us it's not good news. Here's the reply:

"Well here is the scoop. I have gotten an answer from someone very reputable in Japan and here is what they had to say in there exact words:

"Everything is in English BUT the on-screen menu and the owners manual. The menu is not switchable to English except through the service menu which can't be accessed without being privy to the secret procedure to get to it."

So there you have it. That is what we have found out and what we can term to be the truth. Please excuse any misinformation given earlier."

Well, there you have it folks. Maybe someone will come up with the secret procedure to access the service menu. As far as the instruction manual, I'm sure one will eventually be available for download from the Internet, in English, via a pdf format.

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
I asked a popular direct seller of gray market projectors whether the Japanese version of the 10000 had English menus. This is the repsonse I received:

Quote:
You must know that there is only one projector(Sharp XV-z90) which has not English screen menu at first glance.

But we pressed our dealer to find "service menu" and have suceeeded to display English menu.

Sharp XV-Z10000 must have its English menu, probably from first glance.

Even if it does not have it at first glance, we will find its way of English screen menu by revealing "serivice menu(originally only for serviceman) "
Subsequently, this site's listing of the Z10000 was amended as follows:

Quote:
6. Its main body and remote is marked by English (not Japanese)

Its screen menu is not switchable to English at default.

But we will soon know how to display English screen menu by some key touches.

Its manual is written in Japanese.
Now I don't know what to think. And my present TV just broke last weekend!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:
"Everything is in English BUT the on-screen menu and the owners manual. The menu is not switchable to English except through the service menu which can't be accessed without being privy to the secret procedure to get to it."
doesn't surprise me one bit. I read somewhere else the Marantz S2 menu can not be easily changed either.

Nice new little feature for second gen PJ's. Manufacturers are trying to curtail illegal exports.

Worse case scenario nothing that cheat sheet of screen shots with translation can cure. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.