AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checking here to see if i can transfer photos from pc to panasonic pv-s2000.

i registered for myreplaytv.com. Replay support replie was " if i set aside room for pictures when i set up, that i could come here or planetreplay.com and download picture software. Anything else i could do to modify this piece??

Hifijoe

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Your model ReplayTV, which is a Panasonic Showstopper (aka ReplayTV 3xxx), is several years old and does not support photos. The current 5xxx models do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jm----now , i registered for myreplaytv.com at the site. I hope i can program the showstopper from a remote site via the web:confused: besides beefing up the HD, is their anything else i can do via modem or to modify this piece ??

Thanks Again

Hifijoe

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hifijoe
Thanks jm----now , i registered for myreplaytv.com at the site. I hope i can program the showstopper from a remote site via the web:confused: besides beefing up the HD, is their anything else i can do via modem or to modify this piece ??

Thanks Again

Hifijoe
Once your MyReplayTV.com account is set up, you will be able to program your Showstopper from the web site. However, there is a blackout period such that you have to schedule shows at least 18-24 hours in advance.

Other than upgrading the hard drive, there is not much you can do with the older units. You can use extract_rtv to pull shows off the hard drive, but this requires physically taking the hard drive from your ReplayTV and putting it in your PC. Some have fashioned external enclosures for their ReplayTV hard drive to facilitate this. Most of the cool stuff can only be done on the ethernet-based ReplayTVs--i.e. the 4xxx and 5xxx.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again--i will probably pickup a 5040, since these seem to be available at the right price. Whats a panasonic pv-2000 worth ??

Hifijoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.