AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That picture is Photoshopped, every fool who knows something about photo manipulation can see that from a mile.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
yeah...any fool

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
That Dan Marino picture is photoshopped, no one said the contrary, there are one dozen elements to it, but all except the new crestron panel originated with other images taken within that room, the screen image included. Therefore it is valid.

The Marantz 3 chip screen shots from Jason convey the exact same colorimetry shift towards green that I saw on the dvd of Spiderman playing on the panasonic three chipper in my apartment. The eact same green shift I saw at the panasonic booth in infocomm, when I just said, agrrgh! Expressing repugnancy to that color push when in fact other 3 chippers where absent from that defect.

I don't know why the manufacturers of HT 3 chippers do not offer a Xenon option.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
I disagree. Colorimetry is very funny. Even teleconferencing can portray copious amounts of colorimetry, with a decent plasma calibrated close to 6,500. Like a Fujitsu 61" conveys tons of color info using a decent VC portal like www.omniscreen.com
It has nothing to do with amount, but rather accuracy. Either the camera or the photographer makes assumptions about white balance(ie color temp). Then the image goes to photoshop, where further manipulations 'adjust' the balance, hue, saturation, etc. Then it goes to a display device, the vast majority of which are uncalibrated. Even the color temperature of the ambient light can effect the color balance. The other option is to print the file. Each printer needs to be calibrated for the color space of the photo, and the paper. Again room lighting may effect the color rendition of the displayed image.

Bottom line: You can't trust that the colors of a digital photograph are an accurate representation of the original image. .

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Since when does teleconferencing have any colourimetry issues? When i talk on the phone my colour perception does not shift. Maybe if i had a 100 watt cell phone it would.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.