AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a piano 3200 on a ceiling mount. I have a 100 inch firehawk screen. I have heard that I should go as far back as possible and then zoom in to get away from hotspotting.

Should I have the lense of the projector "aimed" to the center of the screen or the top of the screen for the brightest picture?

thanks,

Charles

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Hi Charles,

The center of your lens should be centered with the screen width. The projector should be placed so that you do not have to make any keystone adjustments if at all possible. This would mean the bottom of the PJ should be parrallel with the ceiling. Your manual should help you calculate where the screen will be. With the 3200 the top of the screen would be approximately 16-19" below the center of the lens for that size screen size.

The reason it is recommended PJ's use the farthest position is to give you the best reflection angle off of the screen. For example if we exaggerate the point, if you placed a PJ 2 feet in front of the screen on the ceiling the position to give you the best picture would probably be lying on the floor. That's why it is preferred to use ceiling mounts instead of table top projection. Table top projection would often make the best placement for seating above normal viewing height.

With all that there is still many reasons for other placements. Lighting, screen brightness, seating position relative to screen door effect, physical properties of the room, etc. With only a 1.2 zoom the differences probably aren't dramatic.

Hope this helps

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.