AVS Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
not any good ways. You don't have to round it over though, I rounded all my speaker edges over so I did the stands that way too so it would match. But if your whole speaker is square edges then the stand would look good with square edges I think.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I have an update for successfully mixing my lab15 ported sub with my sealed UXL. I will post graphs in a minute. I was able to use something similar to what LTD02 suggested with a high order high pass filter around 5-10 hz to get the sealed phase in line with the ported

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
ugh, i lost all my measurements. But what I did is an 8th order high pass at 10 hz (lowest minidsp does) on my sealed uxl, and a 4 ms delay on my ported sub (that is nearfield)

This summed them perfectly.

My video card driver's kept crashing from REW, I don't know why. Maybe from the sweeps shaking it haha. So I just have these measurements with a bit of peak reduction eq already done. I have a really aggressive hpf on my lab's to make up for the large linkwitz transform so they don't over-exurt at 15 hz and down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't know if you have tried this product; http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/products/m1708-mirror-glaze-clear-plastic-cleaner/? I use it on painted and poly finished surfaces to bring out a brilliant reflective finish. It really takes the reflective surface up a notch or 2 but the original surface needs to be very close to perfect. The one thing I noticed regarding your sanding is you skip grits. It may sound trivial but I have found that this makes a major difference in the finish. Also try warming the surface of what you are spraying the warmth helps draw the finish into the existing finish reducing swirl and scratch marks helping to prevent telegraphing through to the next coat.

·
Registered
893 Posts
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1588345-piano-black-fusion-12-tem

Reviving an old thread.....

I'm looking to build mains to go with my Fusion 8 center channel.

How does or did the Fusion 8 center work with the Fusion 12's?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Reviving an old thread.....

I'm looking to build mains to go with my Fusion 8 center channel.

How does or did the Fusion 8 center work with the Fusion 12's?
I never had them in the same set-up actually. They have a similar sound so it would be fine. The F12 sound much much better than the F8 though in my opinion. If you only have one or two "sweet spots" just running a phantom center channel might be better.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I never had them in the same set-up actually. They have a similar sound so it would be fine. The F12 sound much much better than the F8 though in my opinion. If you only have one or two "sweet spots" just running a phantom center channel might be better.
That's a great idea!

it's been a long time since I tried a phantom center setup.I've had center channels for years.I do like the Fusion 8 center.

I'm using NHT 2.5i's for my mains, the sensitivity difference is huge,
98.5-86 db.

I originally purchased the Fusion 8 over the 1099 because it was the largest center I could fit under my TV.

I have since figured a way to get a little more space.I'm torn as to keep the Fusion 8 and get different mains or scrap the Fusion and get three 1099's.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts