AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
The specs look pretty anemic: 450 lumens, SVGA, NO zoom lens, reduced scanning frequency. HT projector or not, I think there's better budget business projectors out there in this price range (by NEC, InFocus, Boxlight, etc.) that would be more satisfying for HT use.

Haven't seen one, though, so I could be wrong by just judging it by its specs. But I've seen 400 lumen projectors before... dim, dim, dim.

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am also split in going with an expensive projector (Sharp9k) or a really cheap one (Plus Piano). Currently I have 650ANSI Lumens. Which is ok for a light controlled room.

One thing that they have done right with the Piano is that they have a Sil503 Scandoubler (DVDO Iscan Pro) in it and DVI input for HTPC...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It also has a 4x color wheel(RGBRGBx2) and no scaling for 16x9 (848x480) and it runs at a quiet 32db. It would be nice to see it go head to head with some of the business machines. The specs seem to show that it should be quieter with less rainbows and less motion artifacts. But the proof is in the pudding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.