AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in dire need of a fix for viewing DVD's on my HE-3200. I get a vertical; 1-2 line jitter when viewing from my JVC XV-N-50. My old Toshiba SV-2109 displays fine but has lesser picture quality. Should I just get a Bravo D1 and a DVI interconnect? I called Plus and they said bluntly that they had no solution.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm using Bravo D1 on my HE-3100 with very good results. Don't know about your JVC. I've really never had a bad experience with any DVD player, but the Bravo is really quite good. And the price is right, too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback Tom. I'm curious as to what brand and length cable you are using? Also does the D2 have Macrovision or is it capable of being turned off?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great to hear someone's still playing a Piano! The buzz certainly seems to have died down (no longer available?), but they produce what I still believe is an unrivaled picture. Just about to start "Pirates of the Caribbean". Anyway, I went the HTPC route, and use 30' of BetterCable DVI cable. Works very well. I had a Sony 7000 hooked up with an equal run of Rhino Cable component, but this was definitely worth the investment.

Jim S.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That somehow seems more reasonable than a $200 DVD player connected by a $200 cable. I'll be needing about a 40'er

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey, I'm still here (just not very often)! I still am using my Piano, though in recent months, stereo system upgrades have occupied most of my "entertainment" time.

While I haven't actively been shopping for a projector, nothing I've seen over the last couple of years has made me want to go and change projectors. It was never "specs" that attracted me to the Piano in the first place, and the picture is just as gorgeous as it was when I first set it up.

A wonderful movie machine, and still one of the best-kept secrets in home video.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I watch DVD's when I get organized enough to really sit down and enjoy them. Then this macrovision thing started to ruin it for me. HDTV on the 3200 is mind blowing and proves that the line doubler in it is one of the best. If you went by the specs, you'd never believe that its an SVGA projector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.