AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there in Piano-land (or anywhere else for that matter) know what size the screws are on the feet of the Piano? I need some longer ones for my DIY ceiling mount.

Thanks,

Jim S.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jim

The mounting screws are metric M3 machine screws. These screws are available in various head types, drives and shaft lengths. You can also obtain threaded rod in this thread size. They are available at some hardware stores. I obtained mine at a Bolt and Screw distributor. I found the quality superior to my local Revy store and they were much cheaper too boot. Make sure that you calculate your required thread length correctly as you might not provide sufficient grip or if they are too long you may tear out the brass inset from the plastic housing or damage the plastic housing. For my project I used M3x8 Philips drive pan head machine screws. See the following URL for details:
http://www.aaronsmetricscrews.com/

Peter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scruffy,

You are SO the man. I'm off to the hardware store. If you made a DIY mount, what are the details? If you don't mind, what are you experiences\\opinions on the Piano? There are a few of us out there, but I hear a lot more about a lot of other projectors. Some of the other posts I've read about the Piano since becoming a member recently have already been a great help.

Thanks again,

Jim S.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jim

I have posted pictures of my DIY Piano ceiling mount which may be found at the following URL:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=120233

I love my Piano. If you keep the projector within its design parameters it is very rewarding (don't make the picture too large). I have posted a number of reviews and comments wrt the Piano on this forum. You may access these comments by doing a search on my user name “Scruffy†under “search under user nameâ€. There are a number or other forum members who regularly post wrt their Piano experiences; you should read these postings for tips and general information. I also made a DIY screen which I am still using and still debating if I will replace. Good luck with your purchase. For me it is a magical experience that I enjoy immensely.

Peter

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jim

If you havn't already made this determination, the location by my measurements for the support screws is 180mm in the longitudinal direction and 133mm in the lateral direction.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.