AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both use 848 x 600 DLP. (Run at 848 x 480 to get Native 16:9 from DVD without scalng) Both a little on the not so bright side. Both "home theater" as opposed to business units.

Seleco - MSRP over 8K (Seleco site does not have)

Plus - MSRP $2999

I'm wondering how similar they'd look side by side - i.e. how much would the Seleco's optics / ? electronics buy you in image quality.

I'm also a little confused by HDTV compatibility issues. So - the Seleco takes a 1080i signal straight in BUT scales it down .... I guess that you could just let your HTDV decoder do the scaling and run 480i (or p if using the DVI input) into the Piano... Either way the 1080i has got to be scaled to the panel sometime .....

Since Piano does not seem to be available yet, the comparison is probably moot. Also, would be hard for a Seleco dealer to do this comparison I think..... If Seleco does not come out way better ........

Would appreciate your learned comments ....

Thanks

cd

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
The Seleco has lots of extra goodie like motorised zoom and focus, great optics including optical keystone correction. You can feed a Seleco with a progressive scan DVD player. The Seleco has a long throw lens so better with anamorphic lenses. If you can do without thses things then the Piano is very good value for money.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.