Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am based in france and want to get a video projector mostly for DVD but also I want to be able to get a good game experience with teh new X-Box.

What will be the best way in having both of them working together ?

I know that the x-box has some high def features, will I be able to use them with this projector ?

thanks for your help.

This is a great Forum.

Cheers

Dominique

·
Registered
835 Posts
No, sorry, you will not be able to use the HD output of the XBox with the current Piano. The Piano does not support HDTV input at this time (or even 480P input), there is some speculation that a future US version will have HDTV input support.

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
126 Posts
The spec on the web page...
http://www.plus-america.com/projecto...info/spec.html

says it supports (via Digital RGB input):

VGA (640 x 480) Expansion

SVGA (800 x 600) Full

XGA (1024 x 768) Compression

So it *seems* like it should support 848x480 via the DVI input from a PC with the appropriate card at least.

Bummer, this projector seems so promising in cost and features, yet not being compatible with HDTV seems like a deal-breaker for many.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
All is not lost yet. The Xbox may have a VGA output built into the circuitry. And if it does, someone will make a VGA box later, then you can use it. Right now, go get a Dreamcast and a VGA box, The system and games are CHEAP!!! So you can play some games now. You will not be sorry.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Piano does not have a VGA input, only a DVI. From the XBox you will not be able to display HDTV unless you have something like the Vigatec Dune to scale the HD signal to a resolution accepted by the DVI input (the scaler would also need DVI out or a VGA-DVI transcoder). 480p from the XBox could possible be transcoded from either component or VGA to DVI for the Piano with no scaler, but I don't know of anyone that has such a transcoder (Extron may...).

Regards,

Kam Fung

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.