AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I made a bit of an impulse buy today. I saw a refurb Denon 4311 for $500. After a bit of googling it looks like thats at least a few hundred cheaper than i've seen elsewhere. I don't know a ton about the receiver but I figured with all the extra features (XT32, subeq, 9.2) it was a fairly inexpensive upgrade.

I'm coming off of the e400 so I assume Multeq to XT32 would be a fairly substantial upgrade. As well as the SubEq since I have dual subs.

So, without knowing a ton about the receiver, do you guys think I got a good deal/ good upgrade over the e400? :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep great deal at $500.....as long as that's with the warranty of a year. If you have the right credit card to pay with then you can get an additional year....
lol must not have had the right card but I did get 1 year on the warranty

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in the terms of your credit card agreement....many will do it automatically for new goods, but refurbs not as much. My Visa Signature covers it.
ah okay cool. thanks for the info. Looking forward to delivery!

·
Registered
12,310 Posts
Check the fine print for the warranty..
Where is it sent if there is an issue?
Who pays the freight?
Double check to make sure all of the accessories are included such as remote controls, EQ microphone, antennas

IMHO...
I don't like refurbs, most units are not processed well and the original problem shows up sooner or later...
The price may be rite, but as Pappy always said the best price is not always the best deal..

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check the fine print for the warranty..
Where is it sent if there is an issue?
Who pays the freight?
Double check to make sure all of the accessories are included such as remote controls, EQ microphone, antennas

IMHO...
I don't like refurbs, most units are not processed well and the original problem shows up sooner or later...
The price may be rite, but as Pappy always said the best price is not always the best deal..

Just my $0.02... ;)
I'm not overly concerned with the refurb aspect. I've purchased from this store before and they have a shop local to me. They for that year give you the option if the equipment fails. Full money back or they will either fix it themselves if possible or if not ship to denon on their dime. They are pretty cool.

I was more asking about the receiver itself since I didn't find a ton of reviews on it. Though the few I found made it seem like a great unit and i'd imagine a big upgrade from the e400.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm not overly concerned with the refurb aspect. I've purchased from this store before and they have a shop local to me. They for that year give you the option if the equipment fails. Full money back or they will either fix it themselves if possible or if not ship to denon on their dime. They are pretty cool.

I was more asking about the receiver itself since I didn't find a ton of reviews on it. Though the few I found made it seem like a great unit and i'd imagine a big upgrade from the e400.
You will like this avr! I have one that's a back up now to my denon 5200 which is used to add more inputs(channels) to my overall setup. Dual avr's in my room soon to have three. The 4311ci definitely was/is a unit highly regarded. All denon people wanted this receiver. I paid double two years ago then you quoted and that was a great deal. Yes yours Is a good price.

PeterV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts