Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to find out some information and worthyness of these:

Energy RVS-2

RVSS

sub Model AS-180

I have the sub hooked up to my Pioneer SC-25. On the back of the sub i'm connected to the lower level input (R), does this sound correct?

Anyone with knowledge on these particular speakers i would greatly appreciate the advise.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19578652

Hello,

I'm trying to find out some information and worthyness of these:

Energy RVS-2

RVSS

sub Model AS-180

I have the sub hooked up to my Pioneer SC-25. On the back of the sub i'm connected to the lower level input (R), does this sound correct?

Anyone with knowledge on these particular speakers i would greatly appreciate the advise.

Thanks,

Mike

Those are good speakers, nice gloss finish and build quality. Dual 5.25" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. I think they're from the mid-late 90's. Here is a product brochure for the RVS-2 and RVSS.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/475.aspx

http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/476.aspx

There is a matching center out there called the RVS-1. Looks just like the RVS-2 and sold as a single speaker. Saw one on Craigslist the other day for $50.

Should sound good with your SC-25 Pioneer!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19578652

Yes, SUB OUT on the receiver to any RCA input on the sub should work fine. Using the RIGHT input, for example, should work fine.

Does the sub have a crossover setting? If so, seek to defeat it or at least raise the frequency to the highest level possible. Your SC-25 is already filtering out the high frequencies, so you want to avoid or minimize any filtering within the sub itself.

-Max

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the replies.

The guy I picked these up from did not have the center channel.

I also picked up a Yamaha RV870 from the same person..no HDMI no Digtial Coaxial..not sure what to do with this yet

I picked all of this up for 50.00

Here is the back of the sub

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt
a powered sub, 4 speakers and a receiver for $50? What a deal!

you can get a subwoofer cable for cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

or a premium one for a little more

And add a Y cable if you want. That'll plug into both L & R inputs on your sub.
oh yes...monoprice is my one stop cable and more store

what is the benefit of using a Y splitter for both left and right inputs on a sub? Also is this the method to use multiple subs (using a Y splitter to get an input from one cable to multiple subs)?

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19580049

oh yes...monoprice is my one stop cable and more store

what is the benefit of using a Y splitter for both left and right inputs on a sub? Also is this the method to use multiple subs (using a Y splitter to get an input from one cable to multiple subs)?

Y splitter will increase the signal by 3db I believe. Its not necessary at all but if you're worried about having two inputs on the sub and only using one of them this solves your dilemma. Its a cheap enough solution.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19581586

Y splitter will increase the signal by 3db I believe. Its not necessary at all but if you're worried about having two inputs on the sub and only using one of them this solves your dilemma. Its a cheap enough solution.

Thanks...Is this also the method to have multiple subs?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the gang is all here now.

Need to hook these up the the SC-25 and see how they compare to the Polk Monitors

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
please tell us how it goes

the RVS speaker are highly acclaimed and well reviewed. Check out the awesome reviews on audioreview.com . $100 for the whole 5.1 setup is ridiculous!! The RVSS surrounds generally still sell for $100+ on their own on ebay.

considering your surrounds are on the end table next to the couch, you will appreciate the bipole/dipole design of the RVSS speakers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/19626980

please tell us how it goes

the RVS speaker are highly acclaimed and well reviewed. Check out the awesome reviews on audioreview.com . $100 for the whole 5.1 setup is ridiculous!! The RVSS surrounds generally still sell for $100+ on their own on ebay.

considering your surrounds are on the end table next to the couch, you will appreciate the bipole/dipole design of the RVSS speakers.

Thanks for the link. I actually did find that same link and yea less then 100 for the entire set up...speakers (5.1) and Yamaha receiver is not to shabby. the guy i got them off was in a bad situation having to move out west but he was a really cool guy. I still haven't hooked them up yet. I gave my Logitech Z5500 to my girlfriend and mind you she seen the Energy's and isn't to pleased at getting the "small/tiny" speakers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.