AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,


I'm trying to find out some information and worthyness of these:

Energy RVS-2

RVSS

sub Model AS-180


I have the sub hooked up to my Pioneer SC-25. On the back of the sub i'm connected to the lower level input (R), does this sound correct?


Anyone with knowledge on these particular speakers i would greatly appreciate the advise.


Thanks,

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19578652


Hello,


I'm trying to find out some information and worthyness of these:

Energy RVS-2

RVSS

sub Model AS-180


I have the sub hooked up to my Pioneer SC-25. On the back of the sub i'm connected to the lower level input (R), does this sound correct?


Anyone with knowledge on these particular speakers i would greatly appreciate the advise.


Thanks,

Mike

Those are good speakers, nice gloss finish and build quality. Dual 5.25" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. I think they're from the mid-late 90's. Here is a product brochure for the RVS-2 and RVSS.

http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/475.aspx

http://www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/476.aspx


There is a matching center out there called the RVS-1. Looks just like the RVS-2 and sold as a single speaker. Saw one on Craigslist the other day for $50.


Should sound good with your SC-25 Pioneer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19578652


I have the sub hooked up to my Pioneer SC-25. On the back of the sub i'm connected to the lower level input (R), does this sound correct?

Yes, SUB OUT on the receiver to any RCA input on the sub should work fine. Using the RIGHT input, for example, should work fine.


Does the sub have a crossover setting? If so, seek to defeat it or at least raise the frequency to the highest level possible. Your SC-25 is already filtering out the high frequencies, so you want to avoid or minimize any filtering within the sub itself.


-Max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the replies.


The guy I picked these up from did not have the center channel.


I also picked up a Yamaha RV870 from the same person..no HDMI no Digtial Coaxial..not sure what to do with this yet


I picked all of this up for 50.00


Here is the back of the sub

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,106 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt
a powered sub, 4 speakers and a receiver for $50? What a deal!


you can get a subwoofer cable for cheap.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


or a premium one for a little more
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2


And add a Y cable if you want. That'll plug into both L & R inputs on your sub.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
oh yes...monoprice is my one stop cable and more store


what is the benefit of using a Y splitter for both left and right inputs on a sub? Also is this the method to use multiple subs (using a Y splitter to get an input from one cable to multiple subs)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike929 /forum/post/19580049


oh yes...monoprice is my one stop cable and more store


what is the benefit of using a Y splitter for both left and right inputs on a sub? Also is this the method to use multiple subs (using a Y splitter to get an input from one cable to multiple subs)?


Y splitter will increase the signal by 3db I believe. Its not necessary at all but if you're worried about having two inputs on the sub and only using one of them this solves your dilemma. Its a cheap enough solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19581586


Y splitter will increase the signal by 3db I believe. Its not necessary at all but if you're worried about having two inputs on the sub and only using one of them this solves your dilemma. Its a cheap enough solution.

Thanks...Is this also the method to have multiple subs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the gang is all here now.


Need to hook these up the the SC-25 and see how they compare to the Polk Monitors



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,154 Posts
please tell us how it goes



the RVS speaker are highly acclaimed and well reviewed. Check out the awesome reviews on audioreview.com . $100 for the whole 5.1 setup is ridiculous!! The RVSS surrounds generally still sell for $100+ on their own on ebay.


considering your surrounds are on the end table next to the couch, you will appreciate the bipole/dipole design of the RVSS speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/19626980


please tell us how it goes



the RVS speaker are highly acclaimed and well reviewed. Check out the awesome reviews on audioreview.com . $100 for the whole 5.1 setup is ridiculous!! The RVSS surrounds generally still sell for $100+ on their own on ebay.


considering your surrounds are on the end table next to the couch, you will appreciate the bipole/dipole design of the RVSS speakers.

Thanks for the link. I actually did find that same link and yea less then 100 for the entire set up...speakers (5.1) and Yamaha receiver is not to shabby. the guy i got them off was in a bad situation having to move out west but he was a really cool guy. I still haven't hooked them up yet. I gave my Logitech Z5500 to my girlfriend and mind you she seen the Energy's and isn't to pleased at getting the "small/tiny" speakers.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top