AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So first Impression of the 683's is im 200% Happy. Listening to them in 2CH I was blown away for the price I paid 450.00 each NEW at BB.  Nice looking and sound fit what i was looking for especially coming from inexpensive Polk's. 

So 683 Easy winner in my book!

Well the matching Center was the HTM61 so I took the plunge and decided to give it a try.  I wanted to test this on a HT track and we had Toy Story 3 laying around from the kids so i popped it in and fired it up. I was happy with the vocals and voice aspect of the center seemed clear and on tone.  But thats where it seemed to STOP. When playing anything else it seemed to not blend AT ALL with the 683's you could clearly tell where the center was and where the 683s were. 

I've already done the Auto cal in the pioneer and setup everything and even tweaked it to try and get something decent. 

What is everyone's advise with this matter? Should I spend some more time with it and adjust it more? 

Do I swap down to the HTM62?  

Upgrade to the CMCCGB?

Or really take the plunge and goto the CMC2GB?

I just want it to blend correctly with my lovely 683's.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Believe it or not the best center would be a 685 book shelf speaker. However, the CM series centers are pretty close in timbre to the 600 series as well. I would either go with the 685 (downside is they must be purchased in pairs) or the CMC2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts