Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

I'm thinking about replacing the heart of my hometheater, that today is a Denon 982 (2802).

I also got :

Denon 2900 dvd

Oppo 971 dvd

Parasound HCA 1000A power for front speakers

Dynaudio Contour 3.0

Acoustic Energy Evo1 as centger speakers (for a while)

Solid Monitor x3 as surround (on wall)

Sanyo Z3 projector

What I want is to buy a new receiver, and it would be interesting to try one of this new gadgets with digital amplification.

So far I've pre-selected this two

JVC RX-D402B

Panny XR70

Both have hdmi connections, what would be interesting to use with the Z3, but not decisive.

What really interests me is to gain some quality over surround effects (i got a separate stereo setup, so music also is not the focus here) basically in movies, and also in shows.

What I seek is a better channel separation and decoding of DD and DTS soundtracks that I got today with the 982, and I would like to have something that could compare to the Yamaha 2500 or Marantz 7500.

DPLIIx is also a bonus, that both have.

So, what can you guys tell me about this toys regading surround sound capabilities (DSPs also useless here).

Any other candidates in this price range that would perform better ?

Regards

Mauricio

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Forget about the Panasonic if you want to keep using your Parasound amp since the Panasonic does not have pre-amp outputs. There are speaker-to-line level converters, but I don't know how well they work. Not sure about pre-outs on the JVC...

Seems you have some fairly decent pieces there, why not a separate pre/pro from Anthem, Outlaw, Arcam, Rotel, etc.? There can be some pretty good deals on pre-owned stuff.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two problems.

I live in Brasil, so buying pre-owned stuff is kinda tricky. I sometimes buy from Audiogon and Ebay, but shipping and local taxes usually double ou triple the prices.

Second, I don't really want to spend too much on the HT 'cause I'm thinking about upgrading the stereo system, and that's were the spare money should go for a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C'mon guys.

I cannot believe nobody bought this digital receivers and has nothing to say about them.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Personally, the JVC seems kind of cheap. Plus, there's a thread here on the 702 model where some people have been having issues. If it's your decision to go forward with the JVC, you might want to read about other users who have been using the product. The search function should get you to those threads/discussions.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:
So far I've pre-selected this two

JVC RX-D402B

Panny XR70

Both have hdmi connections, what would be interesting to use with the Z3, but not decisive.

What really interests me is to gain some quality over surround effects (i got a separate stereo setup, so music also is not the focus here) basically in movies, and also in shows.

What I seek is a better channel separation and decoding of DD and DTS soundtracks that I got today with the 982, and I would like to have something that could compare to the Yamaha 2500 or Marantz 7500.

DPLIIx is also a bonus, that both have.

So, what can you guys tell me about this toys regading surround sound capabilities (DSPs also useless here).

Any other candidates in this price range that would perform better ?
Here is another option for you, check out this review on Onkyo TX-SR503 Digital Receiver
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...&page_number=1

If you wish, you can get half price for refurbish unit.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
eh? the TX-SR503 isn't using digital amplifiers is it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:
eh? the TX-SR503 isn't using digital amplifiers is it?
It is not digital amp, my bad. The review title "Digital suround sound receiver", not amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.