Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning/evening/whenver folks.

I am currently in the market for some new front right and left speakers. I have a smaller room, probably 15x12, or smaller. I currently have an Onkyo TX-DS484 (I think thats the model). At the moment I have two Kenwood bookshelf speakers in the rear and a center speaker (kenwood). I know this isnt any kind of great setup, but im on a budget. I have an Infocus X1 projector as well. Just looking for a good set of speakers, for a reasonable price. I view DVDs and media from my HTPC.

Thanks!

-Jarred

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like those! Thanks for the link! What do you think about rear speakers? I would like to replace the ones I currently have as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
672 Posts
What is your budget?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reciever is an Onkyo TX-DS484

99% of the use will be for DVDs and HTPC (DivX, etc).

My budget .. I would say around $300.

I know those are probably low end speakers im going to get, but unfortunatly I dont have much money to spend.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKMEISTER
try audiogon.com also energy has 50% off so you could get C7 for around 249.00

Can you order directly from Energy's website? I checked but couldnt find a way ... if you dont order through them, who do you get the discount from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAlfunkti0n
Reciever is an Onkyo TX-DS484

99% of the use will be for DVDs and HTPC (DivX, etc).

My budget .. I would say around $300.

I know those are probably low end speakers im going to get, but unfortunatly I dont have much money to spend.

Thanks!
If your budget for fronts is $300, take a look at the JBL E50s. They can be had for around $250 for the pair (shipping is generally free). That would be a good start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.