AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics of my new 50" sony GW2 with stand.

It is still warming up. Will posts more pics later.

Ordered ATT HD service, motorola 5100 settop box.

not sure if it will has DVI output.

Wondering if Sony HD200 HD box can support HD digital Cable?

anyone know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, you need to select table -> cocktail table -> stix table -> then stic entertainment center.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sonystyle
http://www.eurway.com/item_display.lasso

here is the link to the web site for the stand.

about #340 including shipping, imported from europe.
We have a EURWAY in Dallas (north -- Alpha Road). It's a great store to browse. Definitely different designs. And, right near it, are some fabulous furniture stores (the whole area is furniture stores), some with blow-your-mind prices (high prices, not low ones). I'm sure you could find some pretty exotic TV stands in this area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweiss:

I am lucky to have only 1 dead pixel on my TV.

I have a pearl harb harbor DVD with THX testing program in it.

These is one text where the TV show a white line square with white line circle inside it.

The circle looks perfect but the vertical lines of the square isn't straight. just a bit off.

Do you know what the problem is? I don't have Avia disc yet.

Is it somethign adjustable via service manuel or I will have to call sony service about this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eieio:

The clearance will be about 10"

You can see the stand by select table on the left, cocktail table on the right, stix cocktail table on the left pics i think 3rd one from the top. then click stix entertainment table on the bottom of the page. The picture show a TV on the stand. the lower shelf is actually a 3 levels glass shelves rack that you can install vertically either on the left or right side of the table.

you will get it once you see their picture.

I have tweak the setting for the DVD and digital cable settop box. The picture looks great on DVD, regular digital channels looks a lots better. Certainly acceptable for a 50" TV since I can see lots of artifacts sometime on those channels even with my 27" Wega. The premium channels on my 27" Wega always look a lots better so I would say that the PQ of the premium channels on the 50" should not be disappointing.

I will post the result of my HDTV setup after monday. And hopefully I can upload some pics of DVD, regular digital channels and HDTV channels in the near future.

I have not tweak my set via service manual by UML yet.

I dont' think I will do that until I have my HDTV setuped.

hope this help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.