AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around to taking some pics of the new addition to the family. The Dual PB10's. I took a picture of the two stacked but they really sit in opposite corners of the room as soon as that dam Xmas tree dies! The stacked position yielded to many problems with my room. My room is 14X12x9 with three door ways. Hey some say its over kill having to two PB10's . My wife thinks so but hey she bought the new guy!

I also took a pic of new and old grills together. SVS was nice enough to send me a new grill with the new logo on it to match. The new black is like silk and matches very well...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell no is it over kill! I encougarge it!!!!! Please buy TWO!!!! The stacked position sounded fine but placing them apart gave me alot more low end in the room. With three door ways it was like all my bass went right out each door. I really had to spend alot of time with the sound meter and different setups to achieve the over welming bass response I have now. Go for it and by two IM sure you will be happy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
How do you connect them up to your receiver? My receiver only has one subwoofer output (rca-type connector), but I was thinking about getting a second one too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Nice job Scotta!
Quote:
Hey some say its over kill having to two PB10's . My wife thinks so but hey she bought the new guy!
She actually bought it for you?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YA she suprised me!!!! Shes A keeper!!!! She likes bass what more can I say.....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Did SVS recommend a Monster brand Y connector or will any brand do? I'm prolly looking at PB10 end tables some day. I have an older PB10 and there is no mention of using Monster connections. They sell products from Better Cables on their web site.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Boycott Monster Cable...

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
I was over at Scott's prior to Christmas and let me tell you, the response with the dual subs was significantly deeper and louder than when he had the single PB10. Scott's investment definitely paid off.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No SVS doesn not prefer Monster. I just had one of there connectors layng around and decided to use it. You can use any kind of Y splitter.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Kipp when you gonna trade me that PB12 Plus for my two tens? We could write a review on how the two sound.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Great sub setup. Hopefully, that Christmas tree dies soon, so you can arrange your subs the way you want 'em.

I liked the picture of the grilles. I noticed that on my PB10, the grill is more of a brown color, than black - similar to the left grill in the picture. You don't really notice it until you get about a foot away from the sub. However, when you paired both grilles side-by-side, I could really see a color difference.

Enjoy your subs. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the dual PB10s. I just bought a single PB10 right before Christmas and it rocks my medium- large HT/family room even with it opened up to the rest of the house. Can't imagine what 2 would do but might eventually make the investment.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Scott-

Congrats. Please allow me to correct you...

No matter the brand, no matter the price, there is no such thing as overkill for bass!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottaDowns
Hey Kipp when you gonna trade me that PB12 Plus for my two tens? We could write a review on how the two sound.
I hope you are kidding? Dual PB10s have a 2-3db advantage over a single PB12-Plus sub in it's native tune.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje
......... I noticed that on my PB10, the grill is more of a brown color, than black - similar to the left grill in the picture. You don't really notice it until you get about a foot away from the sub. However, when you paired both grilles side-by-side, I could really see a color difference.

Enjoy your subs. :)
I had the same prob with brownish grill cloth as did others about 8 months ago. It was due to SVS temporarilly having to use a different fabric supplier.

There was a thread here addressing this issue and Ron Stimpson took care of it by sending out new grills to anyone who emailed him about it. Gotta love SVS CS!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.