AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's modest but I think it is coming along quite nicely.

Let me know what you think:

Mike's Home Theater (temporary name)

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. Keep in mind that my digital camera did not do a great job capturing the colors of the recliners, walls, carpet, or blinds. I would say all of the colors are less dark than pictured. For example the recliners are a super rich mocha, the photo makes them look like dark chocolate.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ooohhh... comfy....

- Cryo

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now if I could just motivate myself to do something new in the HT. I seem to be up against a brick wall at the moment.

Been shopping for a receiver and I am not having much luck, I think this is the barrier I need to cross.

Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi

Who makes those chairs,,,,we had some that looked just like them about 15 years ago. They were very comfortable, the wife still misses them.

Phil

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're made by Franklin. Got them on a 2 for 1 sale a few months back. I love them!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
A beautiful set of twins!:D

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I finally bought a new 6.1 receiver and was all excited to come home and assemble my HTPC desk. The receiver will sit on the HTPC desk so I opted for a silver finish to the receiver as the desk has some silver accents.

Anyway I methodically removed and inspected each part. Wouldn't you know it, the absolute last part I took out of the box had its corner cracked off. Oh well I'll have to call O'Sullivan tomorrow, they had an insert in the box with an 800 number for missing or damaged parts. This is a rather large piece, it will be interesting to see how they ship it. I may stop by Office Depot tomorrow afternoon and see if I can't get someone to open a box and swap the part for me. I'm sure they could just send that desk they took the part from back as damaged in transit with the cracked part. Really that's a lot easier for everyone, but we'll see how it goes.

The saga continues.....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they swapped the part out without any hassle. The guy told me he wasn't supposed to do that, but he did anyway. Basically I am one happy camper.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DOH! 2 more parts are bad in the box. One is all scratched up and the other has no predrilled holes as it should.

What a fiasco!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Between waiting for parts for this desk to arrive and the Dell X1 fiasco, I feel like I am never going to get this theater finished!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.