AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I finally got around to building my parkland screen. My theater is small and integrated into my small apartment living room. I would love to see anyone else's small theater

Construction was cheap and easy. The borders are primed board painted with super flat black spray paint. I know it sounds ghetto, but it looks better than my old velvel covered frame. I bolted everything to the wall, including the parkland. No ripples yet.

http://home.ricochet.com/austin/theater5small.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some background on me: as you may have seen in my "Matty’s DIY screen pix" posts, I'm building a blackout cloth-based screen.

At this point I'm tossing around ideas about the border/edging, and your pic has confirmed my hunch: wide (8"+) borders are way more pleasing to my eye than thin 3" ones.

And just a question: what type of speakers are those?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matty
And just a question: what type of speakers are those?
I believe those are Swan Divas! Nice speakers, but they aren't made anymore. I own a set of Onix Rockets (same company).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct, Divas!

I went with wide borders for asthetic reasons. Also, I wanted the back wall blue, instead of Black. This is not a dedicated room and there had to be some concessions.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chriš
I believe those are Swan Divas! Nice speakers, but they aren't made anymore. I own a set of Onix Rockets (same company).
Swan is the $100M manufacturer that originated the cabinet style seen in the photo above. While there appear to be cosmetic similarities, Rocket is a brand entirely independent of Swan.

As of 2003 Swan is vertically distributed in the US and North America by Swan and The Audio Insider.

"Divas" have been in continuous production for about a half decade without pause and are also supported by The Audio Insider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.