Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Getting closer to finishing my theatre. Finally able to get around to posting some pics. I'll post some screenshots of my 3200MP later on :^)

Overclkr

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HTPC

Specs:

AMD XP 2500+ @ 3200+

1GB Cas2 Supertalent DDR400

2X120GB Seagate SATA in Raid 0

2X120GB Western Digital SE ATA133

MSI K7N Delta Mainboard

ATI AIW Radeon 9800 Pro

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum

Logitech Cordless MX Duo

Lite-on 16X DVD

Plextor 40XCDRW

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vantorax,

No, havent figured that one out yet. But I can control the volume through my htpc.

Overclkr

·
Registered
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by overclkr
No, havent figured that one out yet. But I can control the volume through my htpc.
I have a very similar setup to yours. I ended up setting all my devices (receiver, DVD player, VCR, etc) facing the side wall and then angle a mirror against the sidewall so I can see the devices from the sofa. Works perfectly fine. Maybe someday I'll get one of those remote extenders. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks good mate, particular the first shot, the nighttime shot.

Make sure you clean the cables and wires up, try to hide them as much as possible.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Guys!! I think my favorite part is my Klipsch speaker system paired with the Sony 4ES receiver. Pink Floyd DSOTM never sounded better on SACD.

Overclkr

·
Registered
45 Posts
any condensation from the fishtank?

might want to mount pj a bit higher

nice setup, btw does the cordless kb control work

if it's opposite the receiver, doesn't it need direct line of sight

(i'm assuming yr kb mouse is on yr coffeetable)

also i don't see a lcd/monitor by yr htpc....

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
myopex,

No, I dont get any condensation. I have the middle of the tank completely covered.

Thanks for the compliment! The key and mouse work just fine to the coffee table. It's not an IR setup, so it travels through the couch. I dont use a monitor other than the projector. The AIW 9800 only supports single monitors although, I could send a secondary signal to my TV if I wanted.

I have my HTPC cabled into my main switch as well so I can surf big screen style and access my other drives on the network. ( I store alot if DVD ISO's on my main system, and play them through the network on my HTPC.)

Soon, I will be upgrading my home network to Gigabit to even more improve performance. It'll be real nice when my network performes like a Hard drive speed wise :^)

Overclkr

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also posted some screen shots of my PJ in another thread for you guys to check out if you want.

Overclkr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.