AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can those with 6 or 8 oz popcorn poppers with carts post some pics of the wheels and axle area?

I'm having issues with the axle and wheels of my new Benchmark and before I return it I'd like to see how other's carts look.

All help is truly appreciated!

Randy

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
I know you asked for 6 or 8 ounce, but, the Paragon four ounce uses the same design.

My machine:

Right Wheel Detail:

left Wheel Detail:

And the wheel portion of cart:

As you can see, there is a slight horizontal thrust space. But, this makes no difference in the stability of the cart and it's propensity to "wobble". If the wheel's bearing does not fit snuggly on the axle, the cart will wobble, and, is a design flaw. Spacer washers is a band-aid, not a solution. HTH

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Ya know, I bought paragon about 4 years ago and never looked back. This machine you see here is 4 years old! There is definately something to be said for the quality of Paragon.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
midlife always coming to the rescue

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. Any more are greatly appreciated.

I just took a look at a 6 or 8 oz Paragon at a local retail store ($1800!!!
) and the wheels are fit nice and snug against the legs, as they should. The cart is the exact same and I've been told are the same makers. Something is screwed up with mine. The wheels on the Paragon are different and I think their hub is wider and taking up the room left by the Benchmark wheels.

I don't know what you mean by deflection. I didn't use that term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLife /forum/post/14210142

OP

Do you have a snapshot of the deflection of the wheel on the axle shaft?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
they are wAY overcharging for that. Out of their minds. Almost 3x the price...

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just saying how damn much some lunatic priced out the Paragon machine at the local high end store.

I purchased the machine from Roman. I didn't bring it up before because this issue had nothing to do with him. He was very helpful in getting all the issues resolved and finally getting the machine returned and a Paragon popper ordered.

Randy

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLife /forum/post/14259234

So how's the Paragon!?

On order, not in yet. But I just got my Marantz 11S2 from AVS today....Me Happy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts