AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pre ordered it last week from funcoland (part of gamestop, eb games, babbages, etc.).

i think they had a "pre-release" or something. apparently they were only given a certain amount and the pre orders werent filled, i was one of the first to order it and i had it paid off so they gave me mine.

· Registered
16,950 Posts
Man that thing is small :D .

--- Very Cool !

----- Jason

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
already got a wireless controller, logitech :)

other than the ridiculously small size, the new PS2 (i think they are calling it PStwo) has a built in ethernet port and modem, and also an IR port in front.

· Registered
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slick316
already got a wireless controller, logitech :)

other than the ridiculously small size, the new PS2 (i think they are calling it PStwo) has a built in ethernet port and modem, and also an IR port in front.
the only thing that sucks about it is that the hard drive is not compatible with the new slimmer PS2.

Also Slick, what are your impressions of the logitech wireless controller? any problems with it? Is it the 2.4 ghz controller? Just wondering cause I was looking into getting a wireless controller. Thanks.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=8157

thats the one i have. i really like it, the shape still isnt the same as the PS2 dual shock, but its a lot better than the original logitech wireless controller.

i'm using the original batteries with it and had it for months, batteries are still good.

so far, no complaints (i have the xbox version of this controller and its great also).

· Registered
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SiliGoose
Neither are any games. ;)
very true... but when and if there are materials to use the hard drive with, you wouldn't be able to use the hdd with it. :)

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but now that sony has shown that the PS2 does not support the HD, isnt it a good possibility that they have dropped support for the HD altogether? its not like the HD was sold seperately, it came with final fantasy right? that HD was a "good idea", but obviously not well thought out for the long run.

· Registered
368 Posts
well from my understanding, it will still be implemented. A good example is Socom II navy seals. Sony and Zipper are planning on releasing the first new map for the online version of the game sometime at the end of the month. Unfortunately they are providing it via cd rom that you would dowload from onto your hdd. Im not sure when it will be able to download directly from the net.

· Registered
154 Posts
The thing about the new PS2 is that it's so small that it almost appears to be a mini model of the original -- you almost don't expect it to work. As seen in the pictures above, it's only about a 1 1/2 inches longer and 1/2 inch wider than a DVD box.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'll try and remember to take a video capture of the startup (my friend has my camera), but from what i remember, its the same as my old PS2.

also, reset is done by simply pressing the power button once, and putting it in stanby is as easy as holding down power for a couple seconds. there is no switch on the back either for on/off.

also, it plays burned DVD movies from DVD+R discs :) dont ask how i know, but it just does.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.