AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of the limitations of my current setup (using Denon AVR-4800 as my pre/pro until I can pick a new unit to upgrade to) I want to avoid doing component switching at the receiver level.

I know that if I use my Denon for component switching my HD picture will suffer (not enough bandwith), I am guessing that it will be better to run the s-video into the pj since that has such good video processing and run the component from the hd receiver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
131 Posts
I recently demo'ed a VP12S1 at a dealer. Watched a DVD feeding interlaced input into the projector , then a satellite feed of an HD broadcast. No doubt the picture from the HD feed was stunning, but I was amazed when I saw that the DVD was being fed through s-video. Maybe it would have looked better going though component (the satellite feed was going in via RGB), but DAMN! that was a beautiful picture.

I would suggest comparing the s-video feed with component before spending money on a component switch. If you see a difference and think it is worth the money, then spring for the switch.

Still can't get over how nice that DVD picture looked. But then, I am not a 'phile, and am probably easily impressed. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
I would suggest comparing the s-video feed with component before spending money on a component switch.
Excellent advice. But let's take that notion one step further. Compare the HD picture thru the receiver and direct with that input well-calibrated - you may be fine after all.

As my Philosophy 101 professor use to like to quote, "A difference that makes no difference, is no difference at all."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.