AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm experiencing "drop out" as I can explain it with my dvd player and ota hd set top box connected to my receiver. I initially thought it was a problem with my dvd player until I switched it and hooked up my ota set top box to my receiver. I have a hdv 420 ota set top box and a zenith dvd 318 attached to my jvs receiver through component in. What happens is that whenever a particular high pitched or deep bass sound happens on the movie or tv show, the picture will either flicker or drop out for a second or two. It only happens to the components I have attached to my receiver. Any one has a clue as to what is causing this? Any suggestions on what to try? Your help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
yes, see if you can at least for a test make sure you divide up some of your stuff to different circuits, if at all possible.

A powered subwoofer in particular really puts the hurt on an over taxed power strip / surge protector. But, sounds like you have a lot plugged into your strip there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.