AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recorded about 50 movies to the HDD and then copied them to DVD since I got the EH75. Before I delete them from the HDD I preview the DVD's. So far I have had no problems.

I made copies of 2 movies for a friend. One was on the Maxell 16X DVD-R and the other a Verbatim DVD+RDL.

The verbatim played just fine on his Samsung player but the picture on the Maxell kept freezing and pixelating (?).

When we played them on his computer they played fine.

From what I was told and read here the Maxell's NOT MIJ are not reliable and the Verbatim DL are pretty good.

Is it the media that causes this kind of problem, is it the EH75, is it the Samsung, or could there be a compatibilty problem.

They did play fine in the 75 and thru the computer.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes, that machine probably just doesn't like the maxell media very much and also his player is sensitive to poor disks. Redo it in your PC with different media that you know your burner does well with and that should fix him up, unless you still have it on the 75, just redo it with better media.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say redo it in a PC do you mean copy it to the Hard Drive and then burn again to another DVD? Can I just do that with the 75, copy to the HDD and then back to better media or will those problems come right with the recording?

I guess what I am asking is if it plays good thru the 75 will it record good from it also.

If that is so it sounds like if you have or can find a PC or HDD DVD Recorder that will play bad(?) DVDs then you will be able to save them?

Is that possible or am I __________? You fill in the blank.

And thanks to someone's tip here I did find a bunch of Maxell MIJ at my local Sears and they didn't even blink when I showed them BB ad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.