Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I have the following:
LG 65EG9600-UB
Onkyo HT-R695 w/ 5.1.2 Speakers
Sony UBP-X800

When watching blu rays that have PiP enhanced viewing, I get no audio from the talking head. For example True blood enhanced viewing has the Late Nelsan Ellis providing PiP commentary for certain scenes called "Out of the coffin". Whenever these pop up I get no audio from it and just hear the original audio track (in this case the 5.1 DTS-HD MA English default track).

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts
Hey there,

I have the following:
LG 65EG9600-UB
Onkyo HT-R695 w/ 5.1.2 Speakers
Sony UBP-X800

When watching blu rays that have PiP enhanced viewing, I get no audio from the talking head. For example True blood enhanced viewing has the Late Nelsan Ellis providing PiP commentary for certain scenes called "Out of the coffin". Whenever these pop up I get no audio from it and just hear the original audio track (in this case the 5.1 DTS-HD MA English default track).

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
You need to enable secondary audio in the player to get the additional commentary.

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts
Thank you, That worked. Although it forces PCM to my Onkyo Receiver instead of the preferred bitstream for the receiver to decode itself. Other than that it works.

You can't bitstream lossless audio when using secondary audio. It has to be mixed into the main track. That's why most players, not all, have that setting off by default.

S~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts