AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just hooked up my utv for the picture in picture feature. The problem being only a few channels work on the pic in pic screen. The rest say searching for satelite signal. I went into settings and both tuners are locked in at 88 and 76 respectively. Any ideas or has anyone else run into this before?

thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is this a new installation? Do you have v3.2 or v3.5 from an upgrade (via satellite download); or is it still at v3.0 or v3.1 from "out-of-the box"?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Bennydog --

Check the signal strength on all of your transponders. I'll bet some of them are showing low -- either for 1 tuner or both tuners.

Problem could be either the tuners (less likely but not impossible) or the connectors on the cable (more likely especially if this was a self-install).

The "searching for satellite signal" message means exactly what it says --- the tuner is not getting a signal. So if you have a primary picture, but the PIP windows contains the message, then the tuner being used for the PIP window is not getting a signal.

I had no signal on 1 of my UTV's tuners but only on a couple of transponders. Replacing the connectors I crimped myself solved the problem.

You will have to do some process of elimination (switching incoming cables, etc) to determine which one is not right.

Good Luck,

SteveK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all who replied, it was just a matter of my connectors, I corrected them now everthing works great. Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.