AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new PT AE-8000U to replace my PT-AE-4000U from VisualApex. Upon setting it up ceiling mounted I noticed an issue with the bottom third of the screen when watching the basketball game. There seems to be a band across the screen with two thumbs up in corners ----I I------------I I----. When picture needing red tones passes this band it has no color almost black and white. In white scenes it appears pinkish and in red scenes blue. It looks to me like something is in the light path causing this but can't see anything.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Turn it off and make sure you removed all of the packing material. Then look into the lens to see if you can see anything in the way (do NOT do this when it's plugged in). Finally, turn it on and hold a sheet of paper in front of the lens to make a very close projection screen. If the "thumbs" are still there, send it back.

Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn it off and make sure you removed all of the packing material. Then look into the lens to see if you can see anything in the way (do NOT do this when it's plugged in). Finally, turn it on and hold a sheet of paper in front of the lens to make a very close projection screen. If the "thumbs" are still there, send it back.

Mike
Did that, don't know where else the may be packing material but removed the 4 pieces protecting the lens and the two pieces under the cover. There should not be anything inside the sealed lens area as far as packing gos should there? Can't see anything in the way by looking into the lens. Used the paper, thumbs still there in the test pattern but in the blue focus patterns I can't see anything.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send it back. Make sure you do it while you can still send it back to where you purchased it from. You do not want to have to deal with Panasonic if you can avoid it.

Just an update to my issues. After sending email on Friday night got response at 10:30 ET from VisualApex to send them the Serial Numbers and they would send me a prepaid return authorization. Could not ask for better or faster response and resolution as they are on the west coast had only been open for 30 minutes.

Reactions: old corps

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Just an update to my issues. After sending email on Friday night got response at 10:30 ET from VisualApex to send them the Serial Numbers and they would send me a prepaid return authorization. Could not ask for better or faster response and resolution as they are on the west coast had only been open for 30 minutes.

Sorry you're having a problem but Visual Apex's service was outstanding for me!

Ed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry you're having a problem but Visual Apex's service was outstanding for me!

Ed
Got the RMA and took it to FedX at 12:30 for return and got tracking info on the new projector which had been sent at 9pm the same day and should have the new one Wednesday. Could not ask for better service than that by VisualApex.
Just hope this new one is issue free

Reactions: old corps

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the RMA and took it to FedX at 12:30 for return and got tracking info on the new projector which had been sent at 9pm the same day and should have the new one Wednesday. Could not ask for better service than that by VisualApex.
Just hope this new one is issue free
Just an update. Received my new AE8000U from VisualApex today and quickly set it up. Seems to be perfect in every way so far after quick adjustments. Will give it 25 or so hours before I do a full calibration but happy so far. Really have to commend VisualApex for their great customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.