AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tested the difference in picture quality between DVI and Component inputs for High Definition?

I'm using a SIR-T165 with a Hitachi 57SWX20B.

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Crt pj's don't have DVI.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Well, at least not yet. I know, I know, what would be the sense in delivering a digital video signal into a CRT projector that is an analog device and will go through a DAC, but aren't we already doing that externally? Most of the serious CRTers are not jumping onto the analog signal path as early as can be had, but taking the digital sources and keeping it digital for as long as they can until its sent to the tubes.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WanMan
Most of the serious CRTers are not jumping onto the analog signal path as early as can be had, but taking the digital sources and keeping it digital for as long as they can until its sent to the tubes.
Who is most? The .0001% of people with a CRT that are using a Teranex? Or the other .0001% outputting SDI from DVD and converting it at the PJ? Most of the "serious CRTers" are running analog all the way with no digital to analog conversion whatsoever (unless you're talking about inside of the DSS or DVD player).

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
QQQ, thanks for the catch. I poorly qualified my statement. I should have said, 'I think most of the serious CRTers are not wanting to jump into the analog signal path as early as can be had'.

I was trying to point out that I do not know of anyone that has a love for analog video signal delivery. I think most would prefer to take their digital video sources and keep it digital for as long as possible, and only if they are using an analog display to then convert it on the final segment.

Of course, if someone makes an analog deinterlacer/scaler that is superior to a digital one and for a reasonable price ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.