AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is another “is it just me or…”  I have come to love my F8000 BUT there is a picture quality differential between channels and even on a single channel.  Let me explain:

I have Comcast.  I use standard picture mode. I use a component connection between the cable box and the TV.  I have a high quality HDMI cable to a Denon amplifier and a high quality cable back to the TV.  There is only one HDMI port on the cable box.  I tried a splitter but it sucked.  There is no discernable difference between the component connection or the one to the Denon and back. I use standard mode settings as was suggested in this forum.  Who knew there were so many different options?

On some channels when watching local news the picture ain’t the best (ain’t is a Chicago word).  When they go to a live feed from outside the studio the picture is great.  When they go to a filmed story the picture is great.

There are also quality and color differences between HD channels.  Any thoughts?

And what is in the latest release 1119?  Heck, what was in 1118, 1117…

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
As stated there will be differences between channels, depends on how Comcast compresses them. SD is going to suck no matter what. I would call Comcast and have them check the quality of the feed your getting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts