AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i new to this and I need some help.

I got my new TV and everything has been set up pretty sucessfully, new progressive scan DVD, cable box(non HDTV but o well) and my xbox. My picture is actually pretty solid in SD on my 42 '' Samsung DLP but with all these picture modes (dynamic, standard and cinema) Im not sure which ones to use for what type of programming. And I was wondering if anyone has some preset settings for (brightness,contrast,sharpness(explain this too please), and color) because i feel like sometimes some details or colors can be off.

Also if anyone has any presets for the Red Green Blue settings also.

I have heard about those self calibrating DVD's but im on such a tight budget right now that i cant even afford one. So for the time being i was wondering if anyone had any good settings.

It's a Samsung HLR426 42' DLP if that helps also.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since each of the Sammy inputs and differrent resolutions on some of the inputs (such as HDMI) are set and maintained independent of each other what might might be correct for a DVD player connected via component would not be the best for a OTA STB connected via 720p over HDMI. You just have to try various settings for each input to get what YOU like best since what I like best could be totally different.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Christian, find a DVD movie with THX - a basic calibration tool is included on the DVD to help set brightness & color. Don't worry about sharpness (I'm not sure it does anything significant on a DLP TV).

I have a HLN567 and my brightness is ~43 and my color is ~38.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.