Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo people!

I have a Taw Rock+ and a Davis Cinema 10, the cable that connects them is 12 meters long. With the result that I have some noise, it appears only in the high frequencies.The cable is a Good one I bought from Spatz. I tried to connect the scaler and the C10, with a Cheap 5*bnc to vga cable and the picture was sharp and no noise.(perfect)

Can somone rekommend a good signal amplefier xga with BNC IN AND OUT?

My wife does not like having a scaler and a dvd player in the mittle of the livingroom floor.:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Kempf.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi Kemph,I am also running a Rock+ into a 25ft RGBHV cable to a Barco 808 and no noise problem.Now if I'm correct you are using about 36ft of cable,that's a long run,can you describe the noise.Is it in one color only or all colors?What does it look like.If it is in one color only you could have a noisy connection in your cable to that particular color.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hallo!

Using the testpatterns from avia for exampel the sharpness

pattern op in the right side where the vertical lines get thinner

the lines gets unstable.

Around/along the long black lines in the mittle (when I go all the way up to the screen ) I can something moving (noise).

From the distance it hard to notice, it only makes the image look soft or out of focus.

Using a 4 meter cable from better cables everything looks good.

The testpatterns(tracking/fase) from thr rock+ also gets a little unstable with the 40 food cable.

So I think that I need a signal amplefier to get a stable image.

Thanks in advance.

Kempf.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Hi Kempf,Is there anyway you could knock off a few feet and make it closer to 25 feet? If not I would first look into a premium cable of at least twice the gauge your currently using.Most cables in the USA are either 25 feet or 50 feet with nothing in between.Does anyone know of a heavy gauge RGBHV cable made especially for long runs? Tom.W

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Hi Kempf,Is there anyway you could knock off a few feet and make it closer to 25 feet? If not I would first look into a premium cable of at least twice the gauge your currently using.Most cables in the USA are either 25 feet or 50 feet with nothing in between.Does anyone know of a heavy gauge RGBHV cable made especially for long runs? Tom.W
Tom.W,

Extron had a flat 24 gauge 5 conductor bnc cable at CEDIA that now comes in 35' precut lengths. Most anything beefier than that like their SHR is garden hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.