AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello,

I have a Panasonic TV that I cannot get to scale the display to fit the actual TV.  No matter what I do, either tops, bottoms and/or sides are cut off a bit.

My setup is as follows.

I have cable coming into my Comcast cable box.  This is connected to my Marantz 1504 receiver via HDMI.  The Marantz is then connect to the TV (Monitor Out) via HDMI as well.

The Comcast remote does nothing, the TV remote cycle through different zooms and such but nothing that makes everything fit, and I could not find anything in the receivers menus that would help.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was going to ask do you have a HD capable cable box but you mention it being connected via HDMI ? Do you have HD service? What model cable box do you have.? You may need to go into the cable box menus.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
What happens if you bypass the Marantz and connect the cable box to the TV directly?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'll try going from the cable box to the TV directly and see what happens.

Also, I did try to go through the cable box setup menu but their was nothing there that helped......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo72  /t/1520559/picture-size-does-not-fit-screen#post_24428447

I'll try going from the cable box to the TV directly and see what happens.

Also, I did try to go through the cable box setup menu but their was nothing there that helped......
No dice.  Connecting from the cable box to the TV directly did nothing.  I cannot find any menu that will allow my to adjust the screen height or width.

Even if I set the TV to 4:3 size, the bottoms are still cutoff......

The cable box is a Cisco RND 150 and the TV is a Panasonic TC-L32X1.

I am going to search the TV model to see if other have this same issue....

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Turn off "Just Mode"?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

OK, I found it.  I had to go into setup for the cable box..... but not "normal" setup.  I had to press specific keys when the cable box was plugged in but off.  I found it online.

So now everything fits, and HD channels fill up the screen nicely.  However, non-HD stations revert to 4:3 size.  I am able to stretch them out with the TV remote without losing anything.  But, you have to do that each time you change the channel.  Their isn't a way to make that the default view for non-HD channels.

At least not that I have found yet.

Well, overall, I'm glad I figured it out, but things used to be so much simpler.......

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
22,149 Posts
Keep looking online... there's probably a setting in the cable box to "auto stretch" 480i/p material. Personally, I'd rather watch 4:3 material as 4:3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts