AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual only says to push the '*' button to change the picture size. I tried this when I first got the receiver a few weeks ago and found 4 or 5 different options. However, I'm finding now that it doesn't always work. Sometimes I only have the option to switch between normal and full zoom, other times the display changes indicating gray bars or partial stretch, etc., but it doesn't do anything to the picture. I have adjusted the position of my HDTV picture in the menus, does this affect this feature? Can someone post when you can use the '*' button and what options are available for which formats?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Currently, the * key affects the SD viewing mode only and not the HD mode. Rumor has it that there's a software update being released soon that will provide HD aspect ratio control.

Regards -- Steve

------------------

STOP DFAST, BOYCOTT JVC, LONG LIVE HDTV

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ideas then why the label on the display would change but the display itself wouldn't be affected? It says "gray bar" for example, but there are no gray bars. It used to work..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is it posible that it has affected the SD mode but you may be currently watching the HD mode (6000 front panel blue light on)?

Regards -- Steve

------------------

STOP DFAST, BOYCOTT JVC, LONG LIVE HDTV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.