AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that has probably been addressed but I couldn't find it with a search. My display is a 53"sony XBR HDTV (prev. gen 4x3 model) and I'm using a Toshiba DVD (480i). It is connected to the display via monster colorstream video cables. The problem is whenever there is an explosion or bright flash, the tv seems to try to "sync", meaning it will go black for a flash then reset its display mode, showing "480i" in the corner for a few seconds. It doesn't do this when I connect the dvd player with an s-video cable, only component. It also did this in 1080i mode with my sat-hd100 (showing 1080i instead, of course). Has anyone experienced anything like this and if so, how did you fix it. The quality is noticeably better with component cable so I'd like to stick with it instead of just s-vid cable.

Thanks

------------------

the insects are huge and the poison's all been used

and the drugs won't kill your day job -beck

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Yes, this is a known problem for the Sony Hi-Scan sets. A fix is available from Sony, known as factory mod 442R1.

Call 1 800 222 7669.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.