AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is that if im use my external dvd player direct to my projector (ecp 2000) the picture is bouncing and its very dark but if i connect the dvd through the computer the picture has much more light and looks better but it still bouncing mut not so much.

If i use the dvd on my computer the picture stop bounce but instead it goes in to intevals of darkness and then back to "normal" light.

But if i play file (mpeg, divx) from my harddrive everything works just great.

The picture is also god when im using my satellit true the computer, that is also working fine.

Please help me, what shall i do?

Regards Lesabre

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I believe you are hitting several, unrelated problems here.

I would guess that the "bouncing" you are seeing when going direct DVD->

Projector is the "interlacing" of a standard NTSC video source. Try a VCR, watching normal TV. Do you see the same result? If so, then that is most likely what you are seeing.

When running from the DVD->Computer->Projector, your computer is doing what is called "line doubling", and is "deinterlacing" the interlaced signal. As you noticed, the picture will still appear to "bounce", but will have twice as many visible lines of horizontal resolution at a time, so the movement will not seem so bad. The picture WILL seem brighter, as you noticed- this is because at any given time, twice as many of the phosphors of the CRTs are being lit up.

The intensity change you are seeing from the on-computer DVD player is most likely the result of the Macrovision copy protection. There are ways around it, but last I knew, it was dependant on which drive you used, what software player you used, etc.

Good luck

- David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.