AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Very nice job! I'm in mid construction on my theater so it was cool to look at your beginning to end pictures. I recently started a thread about personal touches to theaters and you've got a ton.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Cool....You have the same type of ceiling I have...The No-Squeak I-Joists.

I thought about drywalling the ceiling, but with the amount of cables I have up there (all my whole house audio/video/automation), I think I'm going with a drop ceiling.

Nice job on the riser with couch. I've been toying with whether to go with a couch or more recliners on the 2nd row. I think I'm going with a couch so that I won't need the extra space for reclining, and I can put a bar behind the couch with some bar stools for overflow seating.

Good Job!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I notice your riser is movable. I will be doing the same (due to WAF) and I am wondering if you had any problems with rattling, etc?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None at all. The floor underneath it is carpeted, and with the tight construction (and the fact that it is stuffed with insulation), it has sounded rock solid since the room was complete.

jj

·
Registered
940 Posts
Sweet!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Lookin' good, Scott!! Congrats on finally getting this done.

Out of curiosity, what did you do in the way of acoustical treatments?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The DTS poster/plaque was purchased at dtsonline.com, and the dolby digital poster is from dolby.com. The THX poster was purchased from THX.com a couple years back, but the last time I checked, they don't sell any display items any longer. I spoke with someone there, and she confirmed that they do sell apparel, but they don't want people to imply that their home theaters are THX certified, since such a standard doesn't actually exist for home applications. So...the posters are apparently now a collector's item, even though that wasn't my intent back when I originally bought it.

If you have questions about where I got any of the other items, please let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Thanks,

jj

Click to see my home theater: "The Bunker"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Art Sonneborn!

I've noticed you have 2 crt -projectors in your HT. Are they being used simultaneously? (picture on the top of the other) And what brand are they?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.